PDA

View Full Version : ULE Ball Detent Problem

dolphin1823
10-08-2010, 12:30 PM
So looks like my ball detent failed on my ULE body (only used 3 times, weird) an I ordered a replacement from ANS Gear, Angel Threaded. So last night I try to install it on my ule body and it won't go past a couple of turns. Back it out, try again, same result, try 2 or 3 more times, no go. Don't want to force it and ruin the threading on the ULE body.
So any one know what my problem is? Did Angel change the threading of their detents? Or did I just get a mismanufactured one.

Thanks for any help

Ando
10-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I have a couple of sets that do the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's a manufacture thing.

I have wrench groves on mine so i just snug them down.

factoid
10-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Not an expert on ball detents, but generally speaking if they were threaded wrong they wouldn't have gone in as far as they sound like they did.

I'm not sure how precise the tolerances are on angel detent threads, but on other paintball specific thread types they can have a pretty wide range. Autococker barrel threads, for example, have a pretty wide tolerance range.

I imagine it comes from certain threads becoming standards when they maybe weren't ever intended to be.