PDA

View Full Version : Pump milling?

OPBN
10-12-2010, 08:59 AM
I was sitting around staring at some parts recently and started really looking at the MiniMag body that I had. I never noticed before, but the bottom milling looked different than I remember. I grabbed another body that I had laying around to compare with and it was different. Today, while trolling through the BST, there was a posting with some bodies that were pump milled and noticed that what I have looks similiar. I never had the body pump milled, were MiniMag bodies already milled like this from the factory?

captian pinky
10-12-2010, 09:08 AM
yes some bodies were factory pump milled. there were more bodies that were normal powerfeed bodies than minimag bodies.

OPBN
10-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Essentially the cutout for where the sear goes through the body is much larger than the other bodies I have and there is s slot milled leading to the cut out. Intersting the the person that sold it to me didn't note it.

factoid
10-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Essentially the cutout for where the sear goes through the body is much larger than the other bodies I have and there is s slot milled leading to the cut out. Intersting the the person that sold it to me didn't note it.

Nice little bonus for you then :)

Think of it as a free 30-40 dollar upgrade.

Now you just need to get yourself a pump kit.

OPBN
10-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Too many other projects going on right now to start dumping money into a pump project. That, and I already have a pump that never gets used. More than likely offer it up in BST to free up some more cash. Should sell pretty well since it also has a Lukes vert mod too.