PDA

View Full Version : Why mags are the coolest (or at least top 3)

leloup
10-18-2010, 01:58 PM
I finished my mag build. I turned the foregrip myself, and had rainman223 ano it. Though the anno is an oil black as opposed to straight black, it doesn't look too bad. Unlike most players on the field, such as those paltry run of the mill egos, where they all look the same, is the ability to say "my marker is unique; the only one just like this." I think it is cool that although there are similar setups, none are identical to mine.

Specs:
X-valve ULT
Red ULE rail (stock red ule?did they come ule?)
RPG frame (is it a triton?)
Hand Crafted personally turned and machined foregrip
RPG Exile body and sub-zero feedneck

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2083/sdc11340.jpg

As Paris Hilton would say..."That's hot!" though I wouldn't let her anywhere near it. :D

elgalloblanco
10-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Nice... sure is shiny :)

punkncat
10-18-2010, 04:32 PM
That is a nice looking marker. My only issue is the emag jewel....get something made up custom, or remove it. Just one of my OCD petpeeves, so with that said, if you like it, go with it.

I also enjoy being back together with a mag again.

KillerOfGiants
10-18-2010, 04:37 PM
too bad you didnt have that on an egomag and then run an "EP-Mag".

leloup
10-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Had an ep mag, but I am selling off all my electros, liking mech these days. I don't know if I want to get rid of my emag though. ironically, my emag doesn't have emag jewels. Anyonw know a company that custom makes jewels?

punkncat
10-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the company I had do some for me. With the way paintball has been going they may not even be around any more. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out on that one.

In a quick web search there is an archived page mentioning this company having or making custom jewels.
http://www.aapaintball.org/index.html

Don't know if they are still an operating company or what, but they do have a contact link...might try it out.

Spider-TW
10-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Robertsr (mmm...MCB...) Robertsr1811 (AO) was doing custom jewels for a while.

I think he got a new micro mag the other day; maybe he is going to make some more grips. You might catch him making a batch casting compound. :ninja:

OneSelfLost
10-25-2010, 08:31 PM
That is reaaaallly nice! What I love about mags is the interchangeability of parts. I have a few mags and sometimes I'll toss my Z-grip on the ULE, sometimes I feel like shooting my minimag with the chimera frame.. Feel like something new? Pink up a fancy rail and you have a new marker. There are so many combinations of parts that almost every mag is unique. Not only that, but when there are 20BPS whizzing past you, and you pop out and gog your opponent with one shot, it feels pretty darn good! I've owned many markers but the mag is one I will never part with.