PDA

View Full Version : automag/cocker barrel adapter questions.

crazyjoe12
10-19-2010, 09:33 AM
hey everyone, i was wondering if someone could tell me how much length does the automag to cocker barrel adapter add to a barrel if any?

thanks for the help,

Joe :cheers:

killerhippie7
10-19-2010, 11:03 AM
most fit in the body and dont stick out so i guess it adds a 1.5 inches but you wont see it
killerhippie7

Spider-TW
10-19-2010, 02:18 PM
The doc nickel adapter is shorter than the noxx adapter. Doc's is about 1.5 more, but I think the noxx is closer to 2-2.5. The python kit is necessarily longer.

Were you referring to Doc's?

crazyjoe12
10-19-2010, 05:04 PM
The doc nickel adapter is shorter than the noxx adapter. Doc's is about 1.5 more, but I think the noxx is closer to 2-2.5. The python kit is necessarily longer.

Were you referring to Doc's?

ah yes i was referring to doc's i had forgotten that noxx made one. reason im asking is because i have a minimag body that i want to use my stubby barrel on but as is it doesnt even clear the length of the body itself so i was hopping with the barrel adapter i need to buy for it, that it would add the needed length so it will work. so im guessing the noxx adapter is the one i want to go with.

thanks guys

factoid
10-19-2010, 05:15 PM
ah yes i was referring to doc's i had forgotten that noxx made one. reason im asking is because i have a minimag body that i want to use my stubby barrel on but as is it doesnt even clear the length of the body itself so i was hopping with the barrel adapter i need to buy for it, that it would add the needed length so it will work. so im guessing the noxx adapter is the one i want to go with.

thanks guys

Well if you put your barrel into the body so that the threads start about half an inch to an inch in front of the breech opening that's how far a Doc adapter will make your barrel stick out.

The adapter itself is a couple inches long but a good half inch of that is threading, another .7" or so is the breech opening, a quarter inch or a bit less behind the breech and the rest is the space between the breech and the threads where the detent goes. It's pretty compact so it adds very little effective length to a barrel.

I haven't used a Noxx, but from pictures I've seen it looks like they basically would sit flush with the mouth of a stainless mainbody, so quite a bit of extra length there.

Spider-TW
10-19-2010, 09:37 PM
I think noxx is back working on such things, but idk about availability.

I guess you don't have to have the barrel clear the front of the body. Just a little hard to get out, but then it's not like you need to make the marker smaller by taking the barrel off. :rolleyes: