PDA

View Full Version : dual nubbin ?'s

elgalloblanco
10-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Did AGD ever make the stock classic or the minimag barrels with dual detents?

factoid
10-20-2010, 01:08 PM
I wanna say the first gen emags came with dual detent twist-locks because a single nubbin wasn't enough to keep a warp feed from double-feeding the barrel, but maybe that was an aftermarket upgrade.

EDIT: Confirmed, they were stock on the emag. An emag barrel should fit into any twist lock body as long as it's got the correct breech alignment. ULE and Tac-One bodies use a single Angel style detent, but you can tap a centerfeed ULE body for a second if you like.

elgalloblanco
10-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the reply :cheers: . I was pretty sure the RT/RTpro/emag style had dual nubbins. I wasn't sure if the un-ported black 11" (i think?) and the shorter polished minimag barrel were ever produced with that same style dual nubbin set up

cougar20th
10-20-2010, 02:24 PM
As stated the rt style have dual detents. Atleast all 3 of mine do. The minimag, crownpoint & unported barrels have one if I remember correctly. Ive got some of each at home to check sometime.

factoid
10-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood the question, I thought you were looking for a twist-lock with a dual nubbin.

The unported and crown point barrels for the AM/MM only had a single one up until they were discontinued.

elgalloblanco
10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks again for the reply :cheers:

That was just what I was looking for.