PDA

View Full Version : Woodsball Is Now "In" / Or The New Angel AR:K

going_home
10-22-2010, 08:07 PM
http://images.actionvillage.com/inc/images/other/flyer/av_2010-21-10_ark.jpg?qlt=100&cvt=jpg

WDP AR:K paintball gun
Now available for pre-order

Shoots over 2000 rounds on a single tank of air
Comes complete with mil-spec Piccatiny rails
Multi-position collapsible, removable stock with quick release
Barrel is Apex ready
New Bolt technology – through flow design for efficiency and increased ability to shoot brittle paint
Mojo board with Rabid software
Large, full color OLED display
Microswitch trigger switch
4-way adjustable magnetic trigger
Magno valve technology
PSP, Millenium, Semi auto, Auto, demo, and custom modes available
Breechless design for improved efficiency
'no rise' feed tube
Self cleaning eyes
Tactical matte finish

Our Price: $975.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got an email from Action Village with the above in it.

http://www.actionvillage.com/010-151-0147

I guess if WDP is making a scenario marker then woodsball must officially be "in" again.

I'm going to World Cup tomorrow so I'm definitely going to be looking at this one and the
Angel Eyes mask.

Heres a video with some info on it :

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouO5AZX0wpM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouO5AZX0wpM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

And one of it shooting 2000 rounds on a 68/45 ending up with 1000 psi left :

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAxpnNPfZeM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAxpnNPfZeM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm not an Angel fan but I do like it.
Whatcha think guys ?

:D

CatoRockwell
10-22-2010, 08:20 PM
I think it looks like a fat harlet pimped out in biker gear trying to pick up a guy at a bar.

Spider-TW
10-22-2010, 08:44 PM
I think it looks like a fat harlet pimped out in biker gear trying to pick up a guy at a bar.
I'm thinking it's just the trigger guard. It makes it an angel, but just too light. Needs a big beefy, ugly trigger guard for one thing.

At least they finally got it out.

robertsr1811
10-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Looks like pretty impressive tech to me. The thousand dollar price tag is a killer though.

going_home
10-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Looks like pretty impressive tech to me. The thousand dollar price tag is a killer though.

I agree, the price makes it DOA for me.
But just wait a year and you can get a used one for half price.
WDP stuff doesnt hold its value at all.

:ninja:

CatoRockwell
10-22-2010, 09:39 PM
For Tactical I'll take my Etac any day:
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz94/catorockwell/E-Tac003.jpg
Or if I want 2000+ tank I'll shoot my valhalla Viking:
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz94/catorockwell/DSC00312.jpg

Either of these will easily hold their value better, are infinitely more reliable and a way better purchase. :cool:

I know I know it's cool for the guys who want a tourney gone in the woods, but honestly I play with Desert Edge one of the best renown woodsball teams and they just run with egos. You don't need rails.
Its fun to have a tactical look but this angel is just fugly to me.

maniacmechanic
10-22-2010, 09:59 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I prefer my Ion :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kcombs9
10-22-2010, 10:24 PM
he dropped one ball :eek:

KillerOfGiants
10-22-2010, 11:26 PM
if only 'mags could get that efficiency.

Gadget
10-23-2010, 03:19 AM
The AR:K looks great - I've had an Angel 1 for 3 years and it has never gone wrong on me, excellent marker with one of the best stock boards ever released - although the AR:K board looks even better.

I currently run a pneumag for scenario play, but tempted by the AR:K.

Frizzle Fry
10-23-2010, 06:56 AM
It's very small. I mean very small. It's an A1... it's small. Comfortable, but small.

I have no problem with the $1000 price tag... It's a tiny bit more than the standard version cost wise, to make up for the rails, stock, and this years model upgrades.

For starters, it's got a new board with a larger screen, and a microswitch rather than optical trigger. With the new Booster2 bolt it will shoot a case and a quarter off a 68/45, a feat that can't even come close to being matched by markers the <$1200 range, while the NT, Geo, and Luxe won't even shoot a case. It'll run off just about any input pressure, too; until the AR:K that wasn't possible. It's apex-ready out of the box, and the stock is collapsible so it travels very quickly between the woods and the field (if you're really anal you can remove the stock and rails).

Frizzle Fry
10-23-2010, 06:58 AM
one of the best stock boards ever released - although the AR:K board looks even better.

You'll be able to trade in your stock opti-board for a $50 credit towards a Mojo (AR:K) board for your A1. That includes grips windowed for the larger screen.

cyberave68
10-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Yes woodsball is in again... All you need to do is add a few rails and a nockoff AR-15 butt stock and you now have a $1000 woodsball gun, that was once a tourny gun and can still be a tourny gun... In all honesty you need that kind of fire power even in woodsball lately.

SPRAY AND PRAY all the way...
ACCURACY BY VOLUME...

I personaly will never pay more then $900 for a gun ever again. hell i wont go over $400 now. I'll keep fixing peoples fubars and resell them, or keep them....

Frizzle Fry
10-23-2010, 10:43 AM
I personaly will never pay more then $900 for a gun ever again. hell i wont go over $400 now. I'll keep fixing peoples fubars and resell them, or keep them....

An A1 Fly is $900 new, $500ish used in good shape, $400 in not-so-good shape. A standard A1 will run you $250-$325 used, $325-$450 used with Magno internals and Fly software.

Snag yourself a standard A1 with a bad ram and iffy finish for $150, magno, boost and mojo it, and you can have yourself a <$400 marker performing to the exact standards of this new AR:K... Probably under $350 even. The nice thing about Angels is that they come from the factory with max'ed performance; the only "upz" they sell are genuine upgrades, like better rams and bolts that significantly improve efficiency and durability, no "magic" modifications/weight savers/"gee that's pretty" parts.

hill160881
10-23-2010, 11:20 AM
i cant use anything but this in the woods, but they always ask me to use a different gun after a round or two :tard: .
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/hill160881/100_0015.jpg

I love angels so i think a wood ball version is sweet. The price is fine. after all i never leave my markers stock and the AR-K angel seems pretty tricked out right out of the box.

Frizzle Fry
10-23-2010, 11:40 AM
after all i never leave my markers stock and the AR-K angel seems pretty tricked out right out of the box.

There aren't any performance upgrades. Period. It's max'ed out, and they don't make a Proto/Etek/Squire/Epiphone/Geo model with crap in it.

The only things you might consider for the AR:K are a barrel (a length preference thing, not a performance one) and feedneck (if you really feel the need).

going_home
10-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Angel Paintball Sports (formerly WDP) was curiously MIA at the World Cup today.
I was looking forward to seeing the AR:K and the Angel Eyes.

I did try on some Sly Profit googles.
If you wear glasses dont buy them.
They didnt work with my specs at all, and I mean not at all.
As in not compatible with specs period.

:eek:

SSP REAPER
10-23-2010, 04:07 PM
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz94/catorockwell/DSC00312.jpg

Why in the world would you have an uber nice marker like the Valhalla and put a Superbolt barrel on it? Just caught my attention and seemed very odd it wasn't a Javelin or something equally as nice as the marker...

CatoRockwell
10-23-2010, 04:34 PM
It's the barrel that came with it. I primarily use my Kaner kit when I play.

SSP REAPER
10-23-2010, 04:43 PM
It's the barrel that came with it. I primarily use my Kaner kit when I play.
Alright :) I was hoping you had a good save lined up and that wasn't your primary choice of barrel for play. :cheers:

dahoeb
10-24-2010, 11:58 PM
I definitely think scenario/woodsball is back in style (for now....). As far as Angel hopping on the bandwagon, it's not a bad thing. Like robertr1811 said, the tech looks pretty good.

Speaking of accuracy by volume/firepower, at my last scenario there were a good number of tippmann x7's out there shooting some impressive rapid strings; I had to keep reminding myself that these were "just" tippmanns! (I've been out of the sport for a couple of years, it's all new to me).

With that being said, I don't know how you justify buying a scenario angel for 1k when a $350 tippy has similar ROF, is more rugged, more mod'able...heck, even a $350 black invert mini can be made to look "tactical enough" for scenarios/woodsball for a fraction of the price.....

Great concept but if it wants to do well it'll have to shave off a couple hundred bucks...

Pump Scout
10-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Angel Paintball Sports (formerly WDP) was curiously MIA at the World Cup today.
I was looking forward to seeing the AR:K and the Angel Eyes.

Jay had said that APS chose not to attend Cup for several reasons. I'd think it's probably a contributing factor that they back Mutiny in NPPL, and they don't play PSP. APS hasn't had a strong presense in PSP since... I guess since Joy dabbled in it for a while. They had a very nice booth set up at Living Legends/NPPL Chicago, though, and the AR:K was there. Very tight, lightweight, comfortable shouldering gun. And the Angel Eyes are much nicer in person than they are in pictures.

OPBN
10-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Speaking of woodsball becoming "in" I just noticed the Dye Tactical line. Ummm if I ever feel a need for a $180 pair of pants, will someone please shoot me?

If old news, disregard.

factoid
10-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Speaking of woodsball becoming "in" I just noticed the Dye Tactical line. Ummm if I ever feel a need for a $180 pair of pants, will someone please shoot me?

If old news, disregard.

180 is ridiculous, I agree, but Dye's pants are pretty damn nice. It's just like their goggles...it's some of the nicest stuff on the market, but it's overpriced by about 30%. Dye is sort of like the Apple of paintball.

Personally I won't spend over 100 on paintball pants, and I usually just buy something like Valkens or BT because I wear pads underneath anyway. The extra pockets and lower back padding just aren't worth it to me.

OPBN
10-25-2010, 10:25 AM
180 is ridiculous, I agree, but Dye's pants are pretty damn nice. It's just like their goggles...it's some of the nicest stuff on the market, but it's overpriced by about 30%. Dye is sort of like the Apple of paintball.

Personally I won't spend over 100 on paintball pants, and I usually just buy something like Valkens or BT because I wear pads underneath anyway. The extra pockets and lower back padding just aren't worth it to me. I will admit they are nice looking and it's rare to find gear that totally matches like that, but I just can't come off the $400+ for pants, jersey and mask. I realize there is a price to pay to be Mr Cool, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

CatoRockwell
10-25-2010, 11:54 AM
I agree, however, ANSGear along with some other places have some pretty cool combo deals. Like you can get the pants, jersey, and i4 all for $210.

I think the Jersey's a waste of money, but I just bought the i4's and they have to be the lightest most comfortable mask I've worn, and the lens is top notch. Also the Pants are worth it, I've bought budget pants for years and I always wear them out. However, the high quality pants seem to last years.

I mean, who spends $400+ on a mech marker? ;) Pretty much everyone on this forum. We all understand though that you get what you pay for. I'm not saying Dye isn't overpriced, it is. However, their soft goods and their mask is very high quality.

The best solution? Go online and buy last years model that they are inevitably liquidating at insane discounts to make room for the new model. Thats what I do. Plus the 2010 pants look way nicer than the 2011.

Back on subject. I've just never had that much respect for angels. They've always been finicky from my experience. Also this particular angel looks ugly to me. The stock is a joke. You cannot sight up on a stock like that and wear a paintball mask. You have to have something along the lines of a dogleg or T2W.

OPBN
10-25-2010, 12:16 PM
I agree, however, ANSGear along with some other places have some pretty cool combo deals. Like you can get the pants, jersey, and i4 all for $210.

I think the Jersey's a waste of money, but I just bought the i4's and they have to be the lightest most comfortable mask I've worn, and the lens is top notch. Also the Pants are worth it, I've bought budget pants for years and I always wear them out. However, the high quality pants seem to last years.

I mean, who spends $400+ on a mech marker? ;) Pretty much everyone on this forum. We all understand though that you get what you pay for. I'm not saying Dye isn't overpriced, it is. However, their soft goods and their mask is very high quality.

The best solution? Go online and buy last years model that they are inevitably liquidating at insane discounts to make room for the new model. Thats what I do. Plus the 2010 pants look way nicer than the 2011.

Back on subject. I've just never had that much respect for angels. They've always been finicky from my experience. Also this particular angel looks ugly to me. The stock is a joke. You cannot sight up on a stock like that and wear a paintball mask. You have to have something along the lines of a dogleg or T2W.
I was specifically talking about the Dyecam pants, jerseys and masks. If ANSGear is selling them as a combo for $210, I can't find it.... Since it's on pre-sale only I would be surprised to see this deep of a discount.

I was making a comment in regards to Woodsball being back "in" since Dye was now producing camoflauged playing gear.

CatoRockwell
10-25-2010, 01:03 PM
I was specifically talking about the Dyecam pants, jerseys and masks. If ANSGear is selling them as a combo for $210, I can't find it.... Since it's on pre-sale only I would be surprised to see this deep of a discount.

I was making a comment in regards to Woodsball being back "in" since Dye was now producing camoflauged playing gear.

Oh right, well all this dyecam stuff will be a lot cheaper within a year so I would just wait it out.

punkncat
10-25-2010, 08:19 PM
An A1 with a "new" bolt design and a bunch of rails thrown on. No way in heck I would buy that thing.

dre1919
10-26-2010, 01:24 PM
I guess I shouldn't be, but I am constantly amazed at the about face the paintball industry took. In the early nineties, things were woodsball driven with a slight lean toward tourney play. Then, in the early two thousands, woodsball was "uncool" and the "side of paintball that the sport was trying to phase out" as magazines, the industry and everything else tried to make the game into neon colored soccer with guns. Now the last few years, with the economy in the tank, plus many other factors, all of sudden woodsball is "cool" again.

:spit_take