PDA

View Full Version : Palmer sidesaddle Stabilizers

woodix
02-10-2002, 05:38 PM
I was looking around on Glen Palmer's shop page the other day. I've always been a big fan of the stabilizer regulators and products. We're talking about someone who probably has as many stories that start with "back in the old days" as El Presidente does. I noticed something that I hadn't seen before. There is a palmer reg that mounts directly to the side of the AIR Valve! It's smaller than the full size reg and has one port that screws directly into the threaded opening of the AIR Valve. The other port is at the other end and lets you run fitings either to your Vertical mount or wherever. Go check it out if you get a chance and tell me what you think.....sounds like a great way to dual reg your mag and keep the 2nd reg out of the way.

Am I out of my mind here?

woodix

xmetal2001
02-10-2002, 05:44 PM
I guess its a good idea if you run CO2. If you run Nitro/Air though you'll end up with a triple regulated gun (tankreg,stabilizer,AIR) and you'll probably starve it.

woodix
02-10-2002, 05:56 PM
air starvation would only be an issue if the air system I planned to use was adjustable, yes/no? If I went with something preset at 800 psi then I'd have to have another reg in the way right?

Bwaites
02-10-2002, 07:22 PM
No, a preset has a fixed regulator, so you would still be triple regulating, but as long as you have at least 200 PSI head pressure between regs it should work, or so I have been told.

I have a Sideline Stabilizer like you describe, and use it with CO2 when I run it on my Classic 'mag.

There is no big advantage in running a third regulator with HPA/Nitro because it is not boiling off like CO2 does and causing pressure fluctuation.

The Stabilizer is the best aftermarket regulator I have found, though. Glenn Palmer builds great equipment!

Bill

dorksquad
02-10-2002, 10:33 PM
i run nitro with my stablizer, (dont bash me been though me before) crono today 277, 277. 277. 277, 278. 277

M-a-s-sDriver
02-11-2002, 12:05 AM
Here is a pic of my Bud Rue holding my Super Duper Mag. This is the Earth's most bestest, bullet-proof Mag in the world. Air guts are gone so it is just regged through the STAB and Hyperflow. Taken at WAP outside of Woodland, CA.
Rue says smoking helps accuracy.

My Boxer Lenny says "Buy a Mag Fool, or I'll eat your leg."
Brent Jackson, PFB.

M-a-s-sDriver
02-11-2002, 12:29 AM
And here is a pic of me with my PFB signature Phantom, repleat with Walmart jersey, Renegade Glow Oak pants,Orange mask and treatening dog. I bunkered 4 people that day, with that gun. Got my butt all kicked too when they found me up front, but hey: that's what makes it fun.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

bornl33t
02-11-2002, 05:52 AM
holy cow... I don't think somking is doing your bud any good... geeezz you ppl think a pierced tongue is weird... I wouldn't touch a cigaret specially not in his circumstances..... that's a heart attack waiting to happen!! :D :D

lopxtc
02-11-2002, 07:00 AM
Jessica Sparks (from APG) has the same type of set-up. A gutted AIR valve and a stab attached directly to it. Was weirdest damn thing I had ever seen on a mag. If it works though, who am I to complain.

Aaron