PDA

View Full Version : Getting my E-mag up and running

OneSelfLost
10-24-2010, 06:19 PM
I am awaiting E-mag lowers and have a few questions as I am new to the E-mag. I have an RT pro rail and an X-valve with an RT on/off installed. I have a .712 on/off pin on its way as well.

My main question is; Do I really need this so called Quad oring and what does it do? Is there anyway to avoid using this o-ring?

Also, other than a body and such, is there anything else I will need specific to the E-mag to get it up and running?

Thank you

Ando
10-24-2010, 09:17 PM
You'll need a battery charger.

E-Mag length rail with sear pin and rail bushing.

Calipers for tuning if they need it.

A .712 on/off pin for the on/off assy with a Quad oring preferably (Might be able to get away with just using a regular oring setup, chances are...probably not)

I'm not too sure what the quad really does. I think Athomas had once said that it reduces the friction of the on/off.

Besides that you should be good to go.

OneSelfLost
10-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Awesome, thanks Ando!

Looks like I'm pretty much set then!

Last thing, is the RT pro rail the same length as the E-mag rail?

Spider-TW
10-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes, the quad reduces the friction in the on/off, which is necessary for the "happy" function of the solenoid in the e/x-mag. The side effect of the quad design is that it has a seal at the top and bottom of the o-ring, not in the middle. To clear the bottom side seal, you need the shorter 0.712 on/off pin.

Standard o-rings are about 0.070 thick, so if you move a seal from the center to the bottom edge, you've dropped 0.035", which puts you down to 0.715 or so on the pin length from 0.750"

OneSelfLost
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Awesome! Thank for clearing this up for me, I really appreciate it.

Will the rail I have suffice for an Emag set up?

10-26-2010, 07:56 AM
A RT pro rail should work fine