PDA

View Full Version : Correct On/Off O ring seating??

Gibripper75
10-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I just got in a whole new On/Off assembly today from AGD and have also been replacing all the o-rings in the valve with new ones. However the I am getting the notorious leaking down the barrel with the trigger not depressed. Is there a proper way to seat the two top O-rings on the On/off, they seem to want to not stay seated, should they be put in first or put in with the rest of the assembly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I cant wait to post pic's of this mag :D

Ando
10-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Hold the trigger down...Does the leak stop? If so your on/off is fine, your bolt is what's the problem.

Depending what you have.

If it's a lvl 10, ck the condition of the oring. If it's fine go down a carrier size. If your oring is bad. Replace and retune the lvl 10

If it's a lvl 7 ck your oring. If it looks good then move to a smaller PT spacer. If the oring is bad. Replace it and you should be good.

If you have a spring inside. You can stretch the spring out a little to get it to work (so I've read). You'll eventually need to get a PT spacer kit to perm fix it tho...

athomas
10-29-2010, 04:57 AM
Depends on what you mean by oring seating. If they are there and in the correct orientation as per the installation diagram then they should work. If they are not installed correctly, you won't be able to get the on-off assembly in.

If it is leaking with the trigger not depressed, then your problem is in the powertube area, not the on-off area.

For a level 7 bolt, check/replace your powertube oring. If the oring is fine, use a shorter powertube spacer. If you have an older gun with a powertube spring, stretching/lengthening it won't work. That would be the same as lengthening the powertube spacer and make the leak worst. You can sand the spring end down a few thousandths.

If you have a level 10, remove all the powertube shims first. That usually gets rid of leaks. Then if it still leaks, go down a carrier size.

Gibripper75
10-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Guess I am buying a spacer kit, because yes, I replaced the powertube O-ring as well. I want it done right.

athomas
10-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Put a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface and rub the end of the spacer back and forth on it. This will shorten it to and allow the powertube oring to seal properly.

Gibripper75
11-05-2010, 08:30 PM
So I have gotten the spacer kit and and have tried various size spacers. I think .230 is the best for me, but the gun still isn't cocking correctly, its not a crisp shot but rather sounds like a vacuum cleaner with some pops. :confused:

athomas
11-05-2010, 08:41 PM
What is your velocity setting? Is the rail bushing in place?