PDA

View Full Version : paint that won't break the bank?

Mindflux
10-29-2010, 11:11 PM
I've been out for 5 years and I used to just shoot whatever $30 dollar paint I could get at my local sports outlet.

Being that I shoot mags, chops never happened and barrel breaks weren't too common either. Sometimes the paint was dimpled or out of round but it mostly flew pretty true.

Anyway, my main question is what do you guys shoot if you are allowed to BYOP that doesn't break the bank and has impressed you in quality or whatever features you look for in a paintball?

SCpoloRicker
10-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Being that I shoot mags, chops never happened and barrel breaks weren't too common either.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/499/notsureserious.jpg

Anyways:

I've found that spending the additional 20-40 per case is a great investment. I would advise against using the cheapest paint possible. Nothing is more frustrating than dealing with constant paint problems.

Get the good stuff.

IrishRedneck86
10-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Ive found diablo 13 is pretty good and and also WPN weapons grade is also pretty good but if im going out and can BYOP and the store carries it I go all out and stick with Premium blue fill or Marbs

Chris
10-29-2010, 11:41 PM
The best paint I have found for the money is APX Fyre.

$40 ish per case, great paint, consistent, breaks on impact, no complaints.

bpreister
10-29-2010, 11:57 PM
To funny, I just started back playing last year and was extremely happy to see the paint prices at around $40 a case. Back in '93 when I first started playing paint was $100 plus a case very expensive when your shooting a case a day. :cry:

bound for glory
10-30-2010, 12:50 AM
do you guys have any idea what a case of paint cost back in 1985 whaen i started? :wow: like $180. and we would split a case up like by 4 people. it was all pump, so we did'nt shoot much.

xero28
10-30-2010, 01:18 AM
The best paint I have found for the money is APX Fyre.

$40 ish per case, great paint, consistent, breaks on impact, no complaints.

Ditto. APX is great paint. Round, shoots straight, breaks on contact, thick bright fill. Their Agro paint is great as well, shells aren't as brittle though.

generalmints
10-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Diablo Heat is good, when its fresh. but ive found Evil to be right up there with marbys

Mindflux
10-30-2010, 08:55 AM
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/499/notsureserious.jpg

Anyways:

I've found that spending the additional 20-40 per case is a great investment. I would advise against using the cheapest paint possible. Nothing is more frustrating than dealing with constant paint problems.

Get the good stuff.

For serious. It was 30 a case and never gave me enough trouble to think of using something else. I don't know if they still sell the same stuff now.

Blue shell, murky dark blue fill. Lots of dimples no problems. :D

Mindflux
10-30-2010, 08:57 AM
do you guys have any idea what a case of paint cost back in 1985 whaen i started? :wow: like $180. and we would split a case up like by 4 people. it was all pump, so we did'nt shoot much.

Well if I were playing pump I'd probably be inclined to spend more on paint since it's not flying as fast as these speedball kids want to go.

vf-xx
10-30-2010, 09:37 AM
I'll admit that I'm biased, but, honestly, for low priced paint APX (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248322) has been the best bang for my buck.

Mindflux
10-30-2010, 09:38 AM
I'll admit that I'm biased, but, honestly, for low priced paint APX (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248322) has been the best bang for my buck.

I keep hearing good things about it. I'm over on MCB reading a thread about it now...

CatoRockwell
10-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Shoot Marbalizers or Evil.

You'll be happy you did, it takes less paint to get the confirmed kills you want. I think Marbs are the best for woodsball.

Sure it's $60 a case, but I honestly shoot less then my contemporaries who shoot the cheap stuff. In fact I usually spend less overall on paint too.

There used to be some good midrange stuff like Proball & Ink'd but those days are long gone now. I haven't found a midrange paint that I wouldn't rather just get the high end stuff.

Mindflux
10-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Quick glance I don't see marb for less than 65 a case. Haven't checked on Evil.

going_home
10-30-2010, 04:49 PM

For $42.00 each ( $120.00 for 3 cases) shipped its hard to beat the Fyre Comp.
Breaks well and keeps good to if you dont use it all.

Just bought some more from /\ the guy above ( vf-xx ).

I like it better than what most fields are selling for $55.00 plus tax.

Last time it took 7 days to get it. No breaks in the box.
APX is in the peoples republic of California and I'm in Florida if that gives you an idea.
So allow some delivery time.

;)

Chris
10-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Shoot Marbalizers or Evil.

You'll be happy you did, it takes less paint to get the confirmed kills you want. I think Marbs are the best for woodsball.

Sure it's $60 a case, but I honestly shoot less then my contemporaries who shoot the cheap stuff. In fact I usually spend less overall on paint too.

There used to be some good midrange stuff like Proball & Ink'd but those days are long gone now. I haven't found a midrange paint that I wouldn't rather just get the high end stuff.

You need to try APX, its on par with Evil, and much better than marbs these days.

maniacmechanic
10-31-2010, 06:59 AM
You need to try APX, its on par with Evil, and much better than marbs these days.

APX is good but I won't put it on the same level as Marbs , I got a case of Marbs that is about 4 months old , I turn it once a week , it's still round & breaks when I throw it & I can still get it for 50$ a case :clap: