PDA

View Full Version : gun is is farting a lot

GallagherAtWar
02-10-2002, 08:36 PM
if i pull my trigger slow its ok but if i speed up to like 3-5 bps then it farts

MAGS own YOU
02-10-2002, 08:37 PM
your probly short stroking it.

GallagherAtWar
02-10-2002, 08:44 PM
i dont think so because i can shoot 2 times as fast with my brothers gun and have no shoot down

kenshinkandon
02-11-2002, 07:19 AM
Try Beano that helps me out

Your gun farting has no effect on shootdown.
Shootdown is what happenes when your are firing a long string shots and you gun cannot recharge fast enough to keep up with your rate of fire, this leads to inconsistency in your velocity.

Do you have enough air or CO2 are you chopping when this happens?

Drizit
02-11-2002, 10:37 AM
i'd start with a bit of oil in the ASA. if that doesn't help then try the same tank your borthers mag is using. next remove any secondary regs, if none of that works run a parts kit through the gun, replace any seals that have gotten hard, also do the reg seat. if none of that works check back with us.

however you should do it in the tech forum.

hitmanng
02-11-2002, 08:08 PM
3 drops of beano in the ASA and shot it about 100 times.
That out to clear it out. If not try a dulcolax supository down the barrel... My only other thought is a retention enema and I really don't want to go there. :D
Sorry
Hitmanng
I always wanted to grow up and be a midget in the circus....then I grew up.

GallagherAtWar
02-11-2002, 08:47 PM
first what part of the asa do i put a beano? and whats a beano?

Also i already replaced all of the things and then i t did this and why doesnt a piston oring come in a parts kit? and were can i get 1?

Chris

IceCool32
02-11-2002, 08:51 PM
Beano is a "gas" stopping pill. Taken correctly, it prevents passing gas. It's not for paintball markers.

Take a drop of GOLD CUP oil, drop it in the ASA, shoot a few times, report back.

MagMan5446
02-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by IceCool32
Beano is a "gas" stopping pill. Taken correctly, it prevents passing gas. It's not for paintball markers.

Don't tell me you thought he wasn't joking....

Drizit
02-12-2002, 08:39 AM
a piston o-ring??? do mean power tube o-ring? if so there is one in the parts kit. if you mean reg piston, then there is one of those to, however it's a pain to get on, you will need a pick to do it.

beam
02-12-2002, 11:14 AM
HAHAHA you guys are cruel...stop with the beano jokes. LOL

BTW I had a friend get very very sick after taking beano....guess you gotta just let nature take its course!! :D

GallagherAtWar
02-13-2002, 05:53 AM
can i use piranha oil?

Drizit
02-13-2002, 09:47 AM
probably, i don't know for sure but if it's paintball or air tool oil you should be ok. just don't use shocker or matrix grease. you want oil. (also don't ever use "gun oil" for real guns, it has solvents that will eat all the seals on you marker.)

GallagherAtWar
02-13-2002, 04:41 PM
so i drop 1 drop in to the asa and fire?

GallagherAtWar
02-13-2002, 05:00 PM
the oil didnt work nor did my brothers tank

when i fire it's like a nice strong shot if i do 1 bps and but like 3 its like a tss sound doesnt feel like its doing somting right

it might not be farting but i think it is

i had just replace the orings when this happened before i dont think any thing was wrong but after that is when it happend

i replace the powertube oring, the teflan orings in the onoff valve, the other oring in the on/off valve and the thats it i might have accucdently put a oring with a little nic in it on the side in the on/off thing

any 1 have any ideas?

Paintchucker
02-13-2002, 05:47 PM
not sure if you had a reg valve or the retro valve. If you have the retro, you can find the exploded view on the Airgun Online website in the parts section.

Not quite sure what the problem is, but make sure you got all the orings, etc. in the correct place and if you have a nic in an oring, replace that for sure, even if you have to put the old one back in it. And when I oil it, I typically put one drop of oil between the bolt and power tube and 2-3 drops in the asa or quick disconnect.

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/ACF3DF1.jpg

2UnREal
02-13-2002, 05:48 PM
I think your gun is farting because the bolt spring is compressed. Try getting a new one. That is what happened to me.

Drizit
02-14-2002, 01:28 PM
make sure your velosity is up, replace your reg seat, make sure the reg pin isn't jamed and the spring attached to it is ok. the top of the wide part on the reg pin should be around flush with the hole in the center of the front half of the valve (if i remember corectly.) also check your power tube spacer, if you changed the o-ring it's posible that you may need a different size.