PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Feed Advantages/Disadvantages

Expalien/XPM
02-10-2002, 08:54 PM
Hey, I am thinking about getting a vertical feed body for my 68 automag. I was wondering if there are any disadvantages to having this on my gun? I couldn't think of any myself anyone have any ideas?

MagMan5446
02-10-2002, 08:59 PM
It'll be easier to hook a warp up if you have a powerfeed...

FooTemps
02-10-2002, 09:09 PM
There's more ball bobble...

FeelTheRT
02-10-2002, 09:20 PM
Mags have blowback, you defenetly want a powerfeed.

Expalien/XPM
02-10-2002, 09:23 PM
What about e-mags? They have vert. bodies.

SoupRman
02-10-2002, 09:49 PM
you can shoot outta both sides of the bunker.

no need for warp on the side of yoru marker.

i run a 12 vt. and its fine.

if you are worried about blowback then get the HALO with the vert body.

kenshinkandon
02-11-2002, 07:03 AM
You will have to buy all your barrels factory direct, due to the fact that vert feed barrels have to be specially milled in order to line up with the feed tube.

PsychoMag
02-11-2002, 07:32 AM
i have had both on my RT Pro. The vertical seems to have more chopping problems i assume due to blowback problems. also the vertical feed barrels are rare and expensive. i only know of DYE, J&J, SmartParts, and CP that make them, but they are expensive.

therefore, go powerfeed

DjGruv
02-11-2002, 11:33 AM
How many of you have actually played with a vertfeed? You won't have a prob with blow back or "ball bobble":rolleyes: My vert and halo combo work perfect!

damageinc54
02-11-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by PsychoMag
i have had both on my RT Pro. The vertical seems to have more chopping problems i assume due to blowback problems. also the vertical feed barrels are rare and expensive. i only know of DYE, J&J, SmartParts, and CP that make them, but they are expensive. therefore, go powerfeed

I use a vert feed EMag and I have no problems at all. You can throw all that ball bobble BS out the window. I rip on mine and I do not chop. I can modify any standard mag barrel to work on a centerfeed mag. I am a Machinist and I mill a new hole for the twist lock to fall into so you can use your current barrels for centerfeed. I do this for only $25.00 for one barrel and $15.00 more for each barrel you send me. You do not have to get rid of all of your old barrels and you do not have to custom order them. I can help you. Here is a pic of what I do. Notice the new hole in the L slot for the twist lock. Milling the hole there allows for the ball drop hole to line up with the centerfeed.

automag223
02-11-2002, 04:08 PM
when u get vert feed u have a higher hopper and more chance to get hit on the hopper:D

SoupRman
02-11-2002, 04:31 PM
djgruv: i have a vert feed e-mag body on my automag. :)

yes the bodies are "high rise" but if you want low rise get a vert micro body, those are low rise. i plan on moving to a halo :D pretty soon when the retro gets in.

Jonno06
02-11-2002, 04:38 PM
higher hopper????What are you on?
The vertical makes you have a way smaller profile since you dont have any elbows,and you can shoot lefty,or righty,i would definitly get vert feed....do they make them yet,b/c i want!

Load SM5
02-11-2002, 04:46 PM
I had a vert feed E-mag and nevr had a ball bobble/chopping/blowback/voodoo problem or anything else you can think of. I'm not saying that blowback does'nt exist and that a powerfeed will feed faster or slower but, for as fast as a normal person can pull the trigger, vert. vs.powerfeed is a non-issue. It will feed fine and I never had to pay more for a vert feed barrel than I did for a normal mag barrel. You just have to order them from the factory but that was never a big deal.