PDA

View Full Version : Favor to ask of tom

Snooky
02-10-2002, 08:55 PM
Hey tom i was at school the other day and someone was talking about how you could go job shadow someone for a day to see what they do at thier job and to see if u would like a job like that. so then i got to thinking what would be cooler than to follow tom around the whole day and to see what he does at his job. So what i am asking is if you would be willing to let me come down to agd and follow u around and see what u do at your job. Its ok if u say no but i just wanted to try. Besides if u say yes i can try out all the cool new products and then ill buy them. and then my friends will buy them and then everyone will buy them and agd will rule the earth or close. anyway let me know if u would consider this.

AGD
02-11-2002, 12:00 AM
My job is much more borring than most people think. I spend every afternoon on the phone and late at night I test stuff. Two nights ago I spent 4 hours putting one paintball at a time into the breach of a gun and firing them into a net. Not real exciting. If you want to come down I can arrange it but you would only really get to see the afternoon stuff.

AGD

Prezents
02-11-2002, 12:01 AM
I that that is a very cool idea! follow TK for a day.

Snooky
02-11-2002, 12:38 AM
still got to see all the details with the guidance consuler but i would love to come see the factory and spend the afternoon following you around. What times would u be available to do this? i am going to be on vacation from feb 22nd to march 3rd so anytime after that i could work with. but ill work around ur schedule because you are probally pretty busy. thanks for accepting tom you're the best!
Snooky gives a big smile:D

marc
02-11-2002, 08:01 PM
Tom you could have a future employee day, and have snooky, me and some others come with. You can enslave me, Im a good worker, that doesnt ask questions and eats very little. But then again if i did go id have to buy a bunch of stuff, and I would end up breaking a few things and anoying you. Im just joking around unless you like snookys idea, and want to bring some others with. I dont expect you to say yes to me or anything. Because if I ever own a big bussiness like AGD I wouldnt want to have a 14 yearold following me for a day. Hope I dont sound rude but i did have to ask, and again I do expect you to say yes.

SlipknotX556
02-11-2002, 08:38 PM
Tom can i follow u around to... i live in FL though can u like fly down here and like fly me up their and let me follow u around??? :D

Jonno06
02-11-2002, 08:41 PM
ME TOO!!!ME TOO!!!I wanna go!!I live closer to chicago than slipknot does,so it would be easy to pick my up...i would ask for much,maybe an emag or 2,or 3,j/k,ide have to tell everyone about AGD and then you will rule the world,and everyone would play,and WDP would be bankrupt and so would WGP..and you would be our leader,and ill be your drone,

Snooky
02-11-2002, 08:57 PM
tom im going to get info on the job shadowing thing thursday so i will post more about it when i get it. any ideas of when i could come though?

i dont mind if more than one of me came but its up to u tom. im very quiet and will be like a ghost. And im pretty shy but i have wanted to go see the factory and meet for a couple of years ever since i got my mag. tell u more later and once again thank u ever so much!

j7million
02-11-2002, 09:04 PM
Woah. . . I don't know if I should hang around this forum anymore. . I think I may sell may mag. . . scary people.

Hehe, just kiddin'. . . I love my mag.

marc
02-11-2002, 09:59 PM
I hope all the other people going to AGD (including me) doesnt make Tom change his mind about letting snooky go. And if you do not want the rest of us to go I hope you let snooky go and just not let us.

liigod
02-11-2002, 11:21 PM
tom yer cool, and out of respect im not guna ask u to let me come anoy you. TA TA.

Paintballer86
02-12-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Snooky
...see what he does at his job.
Can we say Diet Coke? :D j/k Tom

Snooky
02-14-2002, 03:34 PM
ok update time:

The mentor day is March 13th and that is the only day school will allow you to do it. i need the address for agd and the phone number. On the phone number the guidance counsler will be calling all the numbers and checking the information out. So if u want them to call the main office u would just have to tell them if a guidance counsler from harvard high school calls its for a visitor on the 13th of march named Josh Chaplo. If there are any questions or u cant do it on the day the sooner to say so the better because if u can't do it i have to locate someone else. U can post response here or u can send to my email as listed below. What time do u start work and what time would i be there from and till? Thanks again Tom! congrats on over 200 btw.

Snooky
02-15-2002, 07:37 PM
up for tom^
im sure he didnt forget but i wanted to remind him i was still here. anyway up and away!

marc
02-15-2002, 07:39 PM
here let me help you... And this is allowed right, I mean Im not breaking any of the forums rules right?

AGD
02-15-2002, 10:06 PM
We have to do it before march 5, after that I am in LA for a week. I work from 11:30 am to 3-4 in the morning. You should come for the afternoon. Call the office in the afternoon and we can set it up.

AGD

Snooky
02-15-2002, 10:24 PM
i will thanks for info tom.

tazman
02-16-2002, 08:40 AM
Gee Tom That is really great of you to let snooky shadow you for a day, and People wonder why AGD is such a great company, from customer service to job mentoring, the best all they way.

Lets here it for Tom!!!!

Snooky you will have to tell us all how it went and what it was like when you get back from shadowing Tom.

Snooky
02-16-2002, 03:21 PM
oh i will for sure. i'll tell u all how it goes.

Snooky
02-22-2002, 12:23 AM
tom i havent called yet because im still talking to guidance counslers about it and to see if i can go a day other than march 13th. u said ur in la for a week what day do u come back because 5-12th would be the week and then u would be back for the 13th. just wondering why i couldn't come on 13th.

when i call the office am i supposed to ask for u or am i supposed to leave a message?

im going on vaction tommorow till next sunday so im not sure when im gonna be able to call but ill work something out.

let me know about the 13th thanks.

the123
02-22-2002, 12:34 AM
someday when I own my own fortune 500 paintball company, i'll get to work the hours that TK does. What I wouldn't give to be able to show up at noon everyday when everyone else is there at 8 or 9 :rolleyes:

Snooky
02-22-2002, 01:40 AM
but look what time he works till in the moring. omg thats late.

AGD
02-22-2002, 05:05 AM
I will be in CA from the 6th to the 18th it has to be after that.

AGD

Snooky
03-03-2002, 09:36 PM
just got back from tahoe. I'll give u a call after the 18th and ill try to schedule it so it falls on my spring break. thanks tom i'll keep u posted.

Snooky
03-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Tom im gonna call the factory this week to see what day i can come down the week after. thanks.

boss_automager
03-17-2002, 08:20 AM
Hey Tom I was just wandaring if you hve Oompa Loompas in your factory to help you make the guns?:D

Snooky
03-17-2002, 01:51 PM
I bet he does and when i come in hes gonna call me charlie and hand over the factory.

Snooky
03-20-2002, 01:12 AM
up for tom. need the info buddy. know ur busy so ill be paitent. stop in the chat sometime.

Snooky
03-21-2002, 12:26 AM
up up and away. Monday tuseday or Wednesday next week would be awesome. im at a robotics competition on thurs, fri, sat. thanks again tom.

AGD
03-21-2002, 02:29 AM
Snook,

Figure on coming by Monday. Be here at 11:30 and my girlfriend Carol will bring you to lunch and I'll meet you there. The day ends around 6:00pm so you can figure that in. You will get to see a typical day but lunch is the most fun.

AGD

Lord Vader
03-21-2002, 02:56 AM
Boy, Tom, you know AO is gonna be pestering ya about that. Hehe.

Snooky
03-21-2002, 03:54 PM
most exelent Tom. ill call tommorow for all the details. thanks.

manike
03-21-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by AGD
lunch is the most fun.

Yeah that's where you get to talk about lightspeed travel and the relation to time, quarks, dinosaurs, the stock market and the future of paintball... much FUN :)

Oh yeah and if you get to choose go to the place that does Tuna Steaks... they are good!

manike

Snooky
03-21-2002, 04:10 PM
will do manike. when did u go see tom?

manike
03-21-2002, 04:14 PM
Been there many times :) It's a great place. You are going to have lots of fun!

manike

Vegeta
03-21-2002, 05:21 PM
(/me thinks about all those ppl wanting to go and spend a day at AGD....)

Oh no, Tom putting all of thsoe over-hyper under-aged kids to work in the factory.....

Snooky - I had to do a project like this in 7th grade.... We had to take pictures... LOTS of pictures.... (hint hint)

Snooky
03-21-2002, 06:03 PM
ill be buying a camera for this. so ill take lots of pics but now i gotta find a scanner to use.