PDA

View Full Version : Emag being fussy in e-mode

Drix
11-15-2010, 06:03 PM
I purchased a full emag last week and it arrived today- Out of the box I'm having an issue with the electronic mode, it does not seem to want to fire when I'm holding the frame, from what I can tell my ring finger is moving the noid so when I pull the trigger the sear doesn't catch the firing pin? It's definatly got to do with play in the noid, is this normal and how to people overcome it?

Tunaman
11-15-2010, 06:57 PM
The noid is supposed to have play.

Drix
11-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Boltstick- Wicked wicked bad boltstick. Guess it was coincidence how I was holding the gun.

dahoeb
11-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Boltstick- Wicked wicked bad boltstick. Guess it was coincidence how I was holding the gun.

Have you tried adjusting the level 10? If you're having bolt stick, try throwing in another shim or going to a larger carrier size.

athomas
11-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Have you tried adjusting the level 10? If you're having bolt stick, try throwing in another shim or going to a larger carrier size.No, don't add shims to correct bolt stick.

Bolt stick is caused by a carrier that is too tight or a bolt spring that is worn out. Most of the time it is a carrier that is too tight. Tune the level 10.

Tuning:
Remove all the powertube shims. Test fit the carrier and oring on the bolt stem of your bolt. It should slide on easily. The correct tension is achieved when you can stand the bolt on its nose and the carrier will not move. If you tap the bolt slightly, it should slide down the stem. If it doesn't slide with a gentle tap, then it is too tight. If it falls down on its own, it is too loose. This is only a good starting point. You should be using the largest carrier that does not produce a leak out the front. Don't even worry about installing any shims. They only adjust how far your bolt needs to move before it can vent air to reset. The shims are so thin, that any movement of the bolt already reaches the distance needed. Too many shims can cause false leaks, which lead you to use a carrier that is too tight and causes bolt stick.

Remember to always use the same white carrier oring in each carrier that you try. The carriers are adjusting the inner diameter of the oring to optimize the surface tension.

Drix
11-17-2010, 09:00 PM
I fixed the bolt stick right after I found it and it works flawlessly now. The prior owner thought using the smallest carrier was a good idea :tard:

athomas
11-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Does e-mode work now? I suspect a tune up there will be needed too. Adjust your e-mode trigger stop so that the trigger stops prior to making contact with the trigger rod. Then adjust the HES magnet in the trigger to activate a tiny bit before the end of the stop point.