PDA

View Full Version : Removing Bounce from a Emag

pbjunky99
11-15-2010, 06:38 PM
As the title states, my emag has a little bounce in it when you hit the back of the gun. Is there a way to make sure that dosn't happen? I would like to use it is some tournaments but with it having this thing bouncing when the refs check it will be the down fall for it as a turnament marker.

Ando
11-15-2010, 06:54 PM
You having trigger bounce in E-Mode?

Shorten your sear rod a bit

You might be able to adj the set screws in your selector switch to remove some travel in your trigger. (I might be thinking of something else with this fix :confused: I haven't messed with that thing in a very, very long time)

pbjunky99
11-15-2010, 07:00 PM
No it dosnt bounce in emode, but the refs as some of these events will do everything they can think of to make the marker fire with out pulling the trigger and right now it will fire if you hit the back of the marker.

Ando
11-15-2010, 07:56 PM
:confused:

Try installing the valve in another marker and see if it's still happening.
- If it isn't, you have an issue with the lowers. If it's still occurring your valve is the problem. Your on/off pin might be way too short.

The many uses of your fingers
- Place your finger behind the trigger, then hit the marker and see if it fires. You could be actuating the hall sensor with the trigger due to the inertia your causing with hitting the back of the marker making the trigger "go back". Easy way to fix that is get a stronger top trigger magnet.

I'll think of a few more things to try. I've never read, seen or had an issue like that before.

pbjunky99
11-15-2010, 08:06 PM
I will try your suggestions. Thank you for the help

athomas
11-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Adjust the magnet above the trigger. If there is one with an oring spacer, remove the oring spacer. If there is a magnet without a spacer, add another. Play with it and make the trigger pull a bit stiffer so that it doesn't bounce. It could be as simple as adjusting the HES magnet farther out from the sensor.