PDA

View Full Version : This really threw me back

Drix
11-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Maybe it's just me and my crazy love for all things old school paintball, but I saw this yesterday working on a new project and had immediate flashbacks to my youth. Although, sadly I've never been the single and sole owner of a workhorse emag (sold my first after a year or so) I've owned cockers that have raked up 30k+ pulls and I remember checking my ticker every evenight after I'd played to see how far I've gone.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/Lazerous_Random/EmagAGD.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/Lazerous_Random/EmagTS.jpg

So, with that said- How long have you owned your E/X mag, and how many shots has it pulled for you?

koleah
11-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Owned my Tri-fade X-mag for probably 1.5-2 years now, and its pulled exactly 0 shots.

I've always been too scared to play with it to actually use it in a game. :(

Ando
11-15-2010, 10:08 PM
I believe you can reset the counter yes/no?

Drix
11-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Dunno, if you. can its disappointing. This counter has not been reset.

And u should shoot that xmag indoors where its safer- ThAts where I shoot my Joy

CatoRockwell
11-15-2010, 11:09 PM
I've owned my E-Tac for about 11 months. Put roughly 8 cases through it.

SkinnyHare
11-16-2010, 12:24 AM
I believe you can reset the counter yes/no?

I believe so... whether or not is was something that AGD intended its clients to be able to do is another question. My Emag counter has been reset twice. I was messing around with the trigger, with the electronics on, and disconnected the battery pack while pulling the trigger.

The first time was not intentional. The second time it happened after I had been repeating the process several times try see if that was the cause of my mysterious "TS 0." After many failed attempts it occurred again. I don't know if it is something where a trigger pull has to happen at the right instant while losing power or if it was all just coincidence. Other than that, the counter has worked exactly like it is supposed to work.

I suppose it is also possible that the hardwire on/off mod that has been done to my Emag could be a contributing factor.

mpsd
11-16-2010, 06:58 AM
I trained for and played the Brazilian National Cup in 2006 with my e-Mag. I can't really tell but I'd say that I've shot something around 40 cases with it. Defiatelly it is the most used gun I have. :headbang:

East Coast Ano
11-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Umm....

The TS on my e-mag resets after each time I turn it off I can fire off 50 shots put the pin in take it back out and it will read TS 0

Is it busted?

Carl

kcombs9
11-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Umm....

The TS on my e-mag resets after each time I turn it off I can fire off 50 shots put the pin in take it back out and it will read TS 0

Is it busted?

Carl

should carry over, dunno if there is an on board bus power source to keep it in memory or not

Drix
11-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Theres a shots and total shots- Your shots counts shots that turned on event (on to off) whereas total shots should be lifetime.

Beemer
11-18-2010, 09:54 AM
East Coast Ano.....What software is on your EMag? Its busted only if you really care about the TS. If the gun still functions then no its not busted.

I believe its a RAM and ROM thing.

The RAM[Random Access Memory] shots per session, power on and off will reset. When you power on, off. Pull or reinsert the yellow pin OR remove the battery. The shot count will zero out.

TS or total shots is ROM[Read Only Memory] There is no way to reset that powered up with AGD software. That I know of. I do know that with AGD software if you power up and just leave it on till the batt runs out the ROM[TS] will zero out.

Where's Niedermeyer, I mean Lorncash when you need him.

Beemer
11-18-2010, 09:56 AM
East Coast Ano.....What software is on your EMag? Its busted only if you really care about the TS. If the gun still functions then no its not busted.

I believe its a RAM and ROM thing.

The RAM[Random Access Memory] shots per session, power on and off will reset. When you power on, off. Pull or reinsert the yellow pin OR remove the battery. The shot count will zero out.

TS or total shots is ROM[Read Only Memory] There is no way to reset that powered up with AGD software. That I know of. I do know that with AGD software if you power up and just leave it on till the batt runs out the ROM[TS] will zero out.

Where's Niedermeyer, I mean LorneCash when you need him.

TwilightG
11-18-2010, 09:56 AM
I've had my ts counter reset before too when I had a faulty battery. Running AGD 3.2

tribalman
11-20-2010, 07:01 AM
i guess i'm just weird or something. mine is reset all the time. maybe cause i didn't have a battery in it most of the time when it's in storage. i am running 1.37 also.

it's a low(er) valve number, i've had it for....um... i don't know. i've put quite a few cases through it though, mech and e mode. i just need to make a custom switch now, mine broke and i need to personalize my emag somehow.