PDA

View Full Version : Small Time but Big Deal Tourney

spawnboy
02-10-2002, 11:37 PM
Hi AO,
I am posting this thread to seek information on ideas to efficiently promote a small time tourney that is a big deal to some people. A friend of mine has been hosting tourneys here in our small town now for the past 5 years for different organizations such as DARE. This year we will be having one for The Boys and Girls Club, to raise some money for the kids! Anyway he has brought me into this plan and I definitly am glad to have it. I am wondering tho, what are some really great ways to get 3 man teams to come from our neighboring states as well as gathering gift products from the companys to support the event. We are getting together a "mission letter" that states our buisness to companys that receive it. Along with that letter there will also be a little poster that displays some basic info and a B&G club logo.

I figure posting this topic here would be a great way to get exposure for the tournanment as well as ideas from other players and veterans of the sport.

Lastly, I will be one of the ref's for the tournament. I have done it only one other time 2 years ago and I would like to see if anyone has any online links to guides to reffing or something of the like. Just a thought.

Thank AO and all the little people too!
spawner

Players for Players Website/Tournament Info: (http://www.lewistown.net/~santa/tbone)

spawners website! (http://www.zedswetpaint.com)

HoppysMag
02-11-2002, 01:24 PM
my feild had a fund raiser for kids with lukiemia (SP??) a while ago, try to get celebs. We had a local hockey team come down and play........."Thats right, your SPRINGFIELD FALCONS!!!!!!!"

spawnboy
02-12-2002, 01:43 AM
I dono what I can do about celebritys. We don't have a hocky team. Thanks for the input tho, gots me thinkin.

UP!!!

Prezents
02-12-2002, 07:05 AM
the Boy's and Girl's Club paintball tourney web address is:
www.lewistown.net/~prezents main page
www.lewistown.net/~prezents/boyngirl.html