PDA

View Full Version : What comes with a NIB x-valve?

factoid
11-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Anybody who's bought an x-valve direct from AGD remember what all they come with?

According to their website it comes with "everything pictured here" which is just the valve, but I have to assume it comes with at least the level 10 carriers and probably a couple extra springs.

I'm wondering if it comes with any kind of parts kit or if I should order one along with the valve.

OPBN
11-16-2010, 11:16 AM
I have one sitting here that I got recently from another member. It came with a valve with 2 springs, 3 extra carriers, 2 extra carrier o-rings, a PT o-ring, 1 extra foam bolt tip, shims and a sear. I questioned the person that sold it to me about the sear and he said it came with the valve??? Not a clue, but nice bonus. It was an am/mm sear, not an RT.

factoid
11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I re-navigated AGD's weird pages and found a different picture that shows the stuff it comes with.

The first page I found showed only a picture of the valve and none of the accessories. Man AGD really needs a redesign.

Order is in now, though. Looking forward to have a new x-valve to rip away on my cousins at thanksgiving.

Chronobreak
11-16-2010, 12:09 PM
yes it comes with an AM/MM sear. kinda upset me since most the xvalves i bought(all) were for RT rails, so the sear was worthless, would have been nice to pay a few bucks less for the valve.

factoid
11-16-2010, 01:11 PM
yes it comes with an AM/MM sear. kinda upset me since most the xvalves i bought(all) were for RT rails, so the sear was worthless, would have been nice to pay a few bucks less for the valve.

I agree. I don't mind having an extra sear for my two classic valves, but I'd rather have just paid 15 bucks less for the kit.

I know why they do it though. Most people who buy x-valves are probably buying replacements for classics with AM/MM rails.

Third party bodies and rails seem to be split whether they use classic or RT sears.

I've never seen anyone comment on whether RT-style valves perform any differently on the two styles. Does one type of sear RT easier than the other?

Tunaman
11-16-2010, 07:54 PM
I agree. I don't mind having an extra sear for my two classic valves, but I'd rather have just paid 15 bucks less for the kit.

I know why they do it though. Most people who buy x-valves are probably buying replacements for classics with AM/MM rails.

Third party bodies and rails seem to be split whether they use classic or RT sears.

I've never seen anyone comment on whether RT-style valves perform any differently on the two styles. Does one type of sear RT easier than the other?
No. The sears all function the same. If you know where to look. you can get the Xvalve with any kind of sear you like...or none at all. ;)

Chronobreak
11-21-2010, 05:41 PM
guess i know where i am getting ym next valve, waiting to see if anything materializes with micro x thread