PDA

View Full Version : Buying mag...need help

Sponzy
02-11-2002, 12:19 AM
You probably have seen these questions 10,000 times, sorry up front, please bear with me.

I am looking into a 68Auto or a Minimag for every-other week woods play.

1) I know I am gonna catch flak for this, but can both guns run on Co2? (I will move up to N2 when I get the chance, but with a baby due in 3 months it's kinda hard to justify the $$$)
2) Do they make longer barrels for the minimag...or does that defeat the purpose?
3) How accurate is the 8in barrel at 50 yards?
4) Can you attach a drop forward to the handle on the minimag?
5) Is there an attachment for either gun for the Warp feed?
6) Anything else I should know?

Thanks guys for your time!

hawpunch
02-11-2002, 09:34 AM
welcome to AO. i'll try to help you out as best as i can.

1. both guns can work on co2, unless you upgrade the valve to a retro valve which then requires n2. the retro valve allows for faster refresh rates (basically means you can shoot faster).

2. yes they do. they make barrels that go up to 18". the barrels between the 68 and minimag are interchangable...to the best of my knowledge, both guns can take the same aftermarket parts.

3. i had a 10" on my minimag and found it to be fairly accurate. the accuracy of the gun is determined in part by the paint to bore size match. too small a bore size in the barrel causes the paintball the chop inside your barrel, too large a bore size will cause your paintball to roll out. the more closer the size the better the accuracy.

4. yes you can.

5. the warp feed has a bracket which attaches to the bottom of the grip. you can attach your drop right under that.

6. yes, upgrade to n2 and retro as soon you're able. the difference is night and day.

i'm pretty sure the information i'm imparting is correct, but if any other member wants to jump in please do so! also, if you're interested, i'm selling a retro polished minimag on this thread http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24820. its a great starter package...all you would need to buy is the n2 tank. i know this is a shameless plug, but i had to try. in any case, i hope you found the info pretty good. if you have any other questions, please post and we'll all try to help you as much as we can.

aloha,

jae park