PDA

View Full Version : I wonder...

koleah
11-21-2010, 04:49 AM
If you could ream out the upper tube in a stock autococker body enough to shove a Mag valve in there.

Get rid of the back block, front block, all the pneumatics. Heck everything in the lower tube could go. Except thats probably where your sear pin and sear would end up.

OH GOD WHY DON'T I HAVE A MACHINE SHOP AT MY DISPOSAL!!!!

I seriously want to make this happen now. I guess this will have to go on the back burner along with my other cool mag project that I've had in mind for years.

Confuse the HELL out of the newbs. "Oh yeah, its a prototype cocker-mag, got made back during the big cocker vs mag debate back in the 90's."

generalmints
11-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Do it!
just Cause!! :D

aerosaaber
11-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Do it!
just Cause!! :D
I concur.

zondo
11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q52/Jimdotz/DivisionByZero.jpg

Drix
11-21-2010, 11:43 AM
My mag bolt is literally the same size as my unused back block, so I don't think there will be enough room.

tribalman
11-21-2010, 06:56 PM
while it is an interesting idea, i don't think it is worth it. because the cocker body is a 2 tube stacked design it'll move the parts too far apart and a lot of extra work is in order to keep them connected and interacting in the proper ways.

vf-xx
11-21-2010, 08:04 PM
while it is an interesting idea, i don't think it is worth it. because the cocker body is a 2 tube stacked design it'll move the parts too far apart and a lot of extra work is in order to keep them connected and interacting in the proper ways.

I disagree. If there's enough meat to actually fit the valve in, you could fit the rest in with carriers and run it as a pneumag.

Spider-TW
11-21-2010, 10:13 PM
The inside diameter on the mag bodies is right at 1" (+/- ~0.005)

I have not measured the width on an old cocker.

You could screw some plates on the side if you needed extra support; they're nice and flat.

tribalman
11-22-2010, 05:28 AM
I disagree. If there's enough meat to actually fit the valve in, you could fit the rest in with carriers and run it as a pneumag.

i wasn't thinking that way, i was figuring stock setup. i can easily see that happening.

sjrtk
11-22-2010, 12:37 PM
I think setting it up as a pneumag would be better you can leave the cocker front block on it with the Lpr and cocker stock asa. Really make people scratch there head.

leloup
11-22-2010, 12:40 PM
I think setting it up as a pneumag would be better you can leave the cocker front block on it with the Lpr and cocker stock asa. Really make people scratch there head.

Spot for your lpr, perfect.

Magmoormaster
11-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Wouldn't work. Even the pre-2k cockers were no wider than one inch in width. And if a Mag valve is one inch in diameter, it's not going to work. And besides, how the heck do you plan on making it work in the first place? Make a stacked tube mag? Good luck.

CatoRockwell
11-22-2010, 07:20 PM
What I don't understand is even if you could, why you would want to do this?

DeuceSV
11-22-2010, 07:26 PM
just because people said it couldn't be done... :ninja:

CatoRockwell
11-22-2010, 08:16 PM
What if someone said you couldn't survive on your own fecal matter would you do it just to prove you could? :rolleyes:

koleah
11-22-2010, 09:12 PM
What I don't understand is even if you could, why you would want to do this?

Because if the body had been wide enough, it would have been a pretty easy mod (I think).

Nobody has ever done it.

It would confuse the heck out of the newbs. Heck, it would probably confuse the heck out of everyone. Just make a backstory about how it was a prototype from the late 90's cocker/mag wars that incorporated the best parts of both guns and watch people eat it up.

And mainly, it would increase my paintball awesomeness OVER 9000!!!!!!! :clap:

Magmoormaster
11-23-2010, 12:15 AM
How would it be easy? Assuming you're using the blowforward valve/bolt as usual, in the lower tube. What will direct it up into the bolt? What will move the bolt forward to seal off the feedneck? There are so many holes in this idea it makes swiss cheese look solid.

koleah
11-23-2010, 12:46 AM
How would it be easy? Assuming you're using the blowforward valve/bolt as usual, in the lower tube. What will direct it up into the bolt? What will move the bolt forward to seal off the feedneck? There are so many holes in this idea it makes swiss cheese look solid.

What will direct WHAT up into the bolt? Whats the "it" in that question?

What will move the bolt forward to move seal off the feedneck? The exact same compressed air that would move the bolt forward when the valve is in a standard mag body.

. . .

Wait, what?

I thought I was pretty clear that the entire valve would be in the upper tube. The only thing that might be in the lower tube would be the sear and sear pin through it.

I'm not using the cocker bolt or any other cocker parts except for the body. Ream out the back part of the upper tube where the bolt normally sticks into. Then shove the entire mag valve into that hole. When the bolt move forward, it moves straight through the cocker breech towards the barrel, just like in a normal mag body.

koleah
11-23-2010, 12:47 AM
What if someone said you couldn't survive on your own fecal matter would you do it just to prove you could? :rolleyes:

I would look forward to hearing your results :clap:

Spider-TW
11-23-2010, 10:22 AM
What if someone said you couldn't survive on pie alone? Would you do it just to prove you could? :D

factoid
11-23-2010, 10:28 AM
What if someone said you couldn't survive on pie alone? Would you do it just to prove you could? :D

Well that's just silly...of course you can survive on pie!

There's just so many types. Mincemeat pies for protein, fruit pies for vitamins and minerals. Rhubarb pie for vegetables.

And then you've got your alternative pies...Shephard's pie, chicken pot pie, and of course my personal favorite...the pizza pie.

Let us also not forget that Quiche is a type of pie, so that covers breakfast too.

I'm not exactly how well you could balance a diet with pie alone...but you could certainly survive on it until eventually succumbing to a heart attack.

:cheers:

CatoRockwell
11-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Mmmmmmmm.... Piiiiieeeeee.........

Just two more days until I can gorge myself on it.

Magmoormaster
11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm not using the cocker bolt or any other cocker parts except for the body. Ream out the back part of the upper tube where the bolt normally sticks into. Then shove the entire mag valve into that hole. When the bolt move forward, it moves straight through the cocker breech towards the barrel, just like in a normal mag body.
My mistake. I misread that, I thought you wanted to out the mag valve in the lower tube.

But anyway, still wouldn't work. The cocker body is simply too small. And the lower tube is so bit that the sear wouldn't be able to engage the bolt.

sjrtk
11-23-2010, 06:51 PM
My mistake. I misread that, I thought you wanted to out the mag valve in the lower tube.

But anyway, still wouldn't work. The cocker body is simply too small. And the lower tube is so bit that the sear wouldn't be able to engage the bolt.

Yet another reason to pnue it install the ram in the lower tube (after sealing the lower tube and tapping a fitting to feed the valve), you are right the valve won't fit in the body but you just cut the opening and leave the sides of the valve sticking out past the body. So you can still see the valve and help throw people off.

EDIT: use a slab side body so you can drill and tap the hole for the searaxle

Magmoormaster
11-23-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't think you'd need a pre-2k for that. Although, if you wanted to make up some story about a protoype that was made in the 90's you'd need to...

ProblemKinder
12-06-2010, 07:14 AM
the concensus is in. you pretty much have to try this now.

koleah
12-06-2010, 03:01 PM
the concensus is in. you pretty much have to try this now.

I thought the consensus was that the autococker body wasn't thick enough to do this...

Ruler_Mark
12-06-2010, 03:09 PM
thats what she said.

chopper duke
12-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Anything is possible w/ enough ingenuity.

ProblemKinder
12-09-2010, 05:21 AM
I thought the consensus was that the autococker body wasn't thick enough to do this...

exactly why he must try to do it.

kobeastly
12-10-2010, 12:44 AM
not to be a voice of reason or anything but this would be easier with VM, plenty of room for a mag valve or two even.

sjrtk
12-10-2010, 06:39 PM
not to be a voice of reason or anything but this would be easier with VM, plenty of room for a mag valve or two even.

Yes but easier and valve actually being able to fit is less cool. you must think of the irrational side of this idea. Just think of it a cocker body with a mag valve sticking out of it's sides.

reckid1986
12-10-2010, 07:02 PM
so who is going to do it now...

sjrtk
12-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I am looking for a cheap slab side body. It just needs to be in one piece, I want to do this now, although i doubt how long the body will last.