PDA

View Full Version : Set screw behind trigger?

gmiller0
11-22-2010, 07:13 AM
This may sound like a dumb idea, but I was gonna try this... I have the x-valve with the ULT Trigger... The trigger pull on this thing, as most of you know, is like a hair trigger when shimmed right.. I have virtually a credit card thickness worth of pull to get the gun to fire which kinda makes it feel like an electro... So, I was thinking about putting a set screw right behind the trigger drilled into the frame to in essence "shorten" the trigger pull... It may help with pulling it too far and short stroking as I get sometimes... I can set it to where it basically fires, then the set screw stops the trigger from pulling any further as the cycle has already concluded... Would this work?

cyberave68
11-22-2010, 07:35 AM
This is actually an old idea. Some older players will remember this one. We used to do it with our classic valved mags to shorten/limit the travel. It is a great idea for you to try. One suggestion tho. Dont make it to short. You will get to the point that you will short stroke more if you have it set as short as possible. This is something you will need to play with and get used to. You will also need a fairly long set screw. If you cant find one let me know i have some that might work that i will send you. If you have any questions about how to do it just ask...

Cy
:cheers:

Frizzle Fry
11-22-2010, 08:09 AM
My Gen3 Micromag had a trigger stop with a hole drilled in the back of the frame for adjustment... That was almost 15 years ago now.

gmiller0
11-22-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm exited to try this... I have a few set screws that may work but if I can't use them I'll hit ya up:) thanks.. I just got an intelliframe and want to try it on my old stock frame...

gmiller0
11-22-2010, 08:24 AM
So what is the best way to do this with ease for adjustment?

OPBN
11-22-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm exited to try this... I have a few set screws that may work but if I can't use them I'll hit ya up:) thanks.. I just got an intelliframe and want to try it on my old stock frame...
I dont think it is really possible on a stock AGD frame. And intelliframe is pretty simple. Take the trigger off, mark the spot where you want the set screw, drill it, tap it, voila. I actually bought the taps and set screws to do it once, than an RPG trigger came up for sale that was already predrilled so I picked it up instead.

cyberave68
11-22-2010, 12:18 PM
It should be something like this...

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Cyberave68/DSC01082-1.jpg

Spider-TW
11-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Be aware, when you limit your trigger pull you should have some trouble with the on/off pin hanging down when you go to pull the valve out.

With a otherwise normal setup, just push the trigger rod back with a screw driver or such before pulling the valve. If you can't figure it out, just take out the frame screws first.

Just don't yank the valve out if it is stuck. :nono:

As noted above, it's easier to put the screw in the trigger itself. You can't adjust a screw behind the trigger very well, unless you have a hole in it (which you might as well put a screw into).

Loneassassin
11-22-2010, 12:33 PM
^^(In response to the picture of the intelliframe.) Yep. It's easier just to put the set screw into the trigger. I've done this on lots of guns, not just my Mag. And it will definitely help prevent chuffing if you get it set right.