PDA

View Full Version : "Pneu to me" Pneumag questions.

OPBN
11-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Acquired a pneu'd Triton frame and had a couple of questions. First, the X valve that I am using for this has an RT on/off, not a ULT. Seems to work ok besides the minor bolt stick, but is a ULT necessary? Benefits of ULT with Pneu? Second, how far away from the sear should the ram be? This one is set up so that it is 1/8" away from the sear with the sear in the full forward position. The ram seems to come a long ways out when it actuates.

Lastly, it has a magnet mod. How far forward/back should this be? When I pull the trigger, the lever on the msv only travels back maybe 1/16" before it actuates the ram. It gets nowhere near the magnet and from where the magnet is mounted, it cannot be screwed in any farther forward. Could the magnet be moved farther forward and act as a trigger stop? Or should I leave it alone and tap the trigger for stops instead? Here's a pic of the set up:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/oldpbnoob/112220104sale.jpg

leloup
11-29-2010, 01:34 PM
An 1/8th of an inch is way too long. It should be around 1/32nd. An RT on/off should be just fine. Don't know about the magnet, sorry.

OPBN
11-29-2010, 01:48 PM
You can see from the pic above how far away from the sear the ram is. The sear is fully forward in the pic.

mag79
11-29-2010, 01:58 PM
The ram is way too far. Post a picture of the way the mpa-3 is mounted, if the set screws dont allow you to adjust the mpa-3 fwd/aft you'll need a longer ram.

The magnets dont need to touch eachother, there should be enough force to repel the lever on the msv-2. With the air off pull the trigger gently see if you the trigger want to bring back. If it doesn't bounce back, back the screw out as much as you could. Remove the magnet bracket from the top of the msv-2 and glue it closer. Once the glue sets start adjusting the screw fwd unti you get the desired return.

OPBN
11-29-2010, 02:02 PM
The ram is way too far. The magnets dont need to touch eachother, there should be enough force to repel the lever on the msv-2. With the air off pull the trigger gently see if you the trigger want to bring back. If it doesn't bounce back, back the screw out as much as you could. Remove the magnet bracket from the top of the msv-2 and glue it closer. Once the glue sets start adjusting the screw fwd unti you get the desired return.
The magnet returns fine, but there is nothing to keep the trigger from going farther back than what is needed to actuate it. I was considering moving the magnet forward as a trigger stop of sorts. I guess with repeated use this could snap the magnet mount though. I may move it forward a little anyways to give me more adjustment and just tap the trigger for stops.

Not thrilled about having to move the ram though. It looks to be potentially superglued in place along with set screws.

Pic of drivers side with set screws:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/oldpbnoob/112220104sale006-1.jpg

mag79
11-29-2010, 02:06 PM
The magnet returns fine, but there is nothing to keep the trigger from going farther back than what is needed to actuate it. I was considering moving the magnet forward as a trigger stop of sorts. I guess with repeated use this could snap the magnet mount though. I may move it forward a little anyways to give me more adjustment and just tap the trigger for stops.

A trigger stop set screw will fix that

Not thrilled about having to move the ram though. It looks to be potentially superglued in place along with set screws.

Is the mps-3 is glued to the frame? :tard:

OPBN
11-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Is the mps-3 is glued to the frame? :tard:
No, but it looks like the set screws may be glued or loctited. I haven't tried to loosen them yet. Wanted to get a handle on what I was looking at before I did.

reckid1986
11-29-2010, 03:03 PM
looks like they are glued but they should break free pretty easy if its just super glue. If they dont, use a soldering iron to heat them and that should help.

OPBN
11-29-2010, 03:13 PM
They loosened up pretty easily. Looks like part of the reason the one was superglued is because it was stripped. I moved the mps-3 farther back so that it's considerably closer. Passenger side grip screw is pushing against it to hold it pretty well in place. I may have to tinker some more to get it perfect. What is the benefit of having the mps-3 closer? Honestly, it was working before...

knownothingmags
11-29-2010, 10:25 PM
they set screws are set in place with computer set glue. (super glue)
just back them out.
you will need to tap the holes and get a hair bigger set screw if you dont like the set up.

but it worked pretty sexy when i had it.

hope this helps.

OPBN
11-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah, it was working, I just remember seeing pics in the past and thought the ram was a lot closer to the sear. Watching it in actiion it seemed like the piston was coming really far out. I'm also swapping out the LPR that was on it for a smaller bullet LPR that I have sitting around to clean it up a little. Also refitted the grips so they actually fit up flush with the frame now.