PDA

View Full Version : Faster minimag

weantright
11-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Looking to make my mini mag faster shooting. Will an X-valve give me the RT effect by itself? Will it break balls without center feed?

Newt
11-29-2010, 03:18 PM
1) Probably. Depends on the tuning, how fast your tank recharge is, and the PSI input.

2) A properly tuned lvl10 bolt (standard issue on an Xvalve) will not chop. Powerfeed/side/offset...whatever.

gmiller0
11-29-2010, 07:45 PM
X-Valve is worth EVERY PENNY... also, get the ULT on/off... that alone will get you shooing WAY faster... Like he said, to go reactive, you really need a higher input into your gun... So.. I sent my tank to Ninja Paintball and for $50, had them install a 1200 psi regulator on my 88/4500 Crossfire and it makes a massive difference :headbang: . If you get the X-Valve AND a 1200 psi Ninja reg, tune your Level 10 to use the middle spring (red) and you will have use about 3 shims on your ULT.. it will burst fire excellent and if ya sweet spot it you can go full auto for a longer amount of time:) I just did this same excersise over the last few days.

PS.. If, you have the X-Valve, 1200 psi Ninja reg, and ULT... you can tune your Level 10 with the softest spring (short one) and put 5 shims in the ULT and you WILL be full auto and it will be ORGASMIC......BUT, have a greater chance of chopping balls as the softer spring hits harder than the medium.. so i don't recommend that even though its freaking awesome to pull the trigger a hair and unleash a rope until your hopper is empty :nono:

PS 2.. Center feed vs. powerfeed wont matter..... Make sure you have a fast loader.. Empire, Dye, Halo. Pinokio..

factoid
12-03-2010, 12:05 PM
X-Valve is worth EVERY PENNY... also, get the ULT on/off... that alone will get you shooing WAY faster... Like he said, to go reactive, you really need a higher input into your gun... So.. I sent my tank to Ninja Paintball and for $50, had them install a 1200 psi regulator on my 88/4500 Crossfire and it makes a massive difference :headbang: . If you get the X-Valve AND a 1200 psi Ninja reg, tune your Level 10 to use the middle spring (red) and you will have use about 3 shims on your ULT.. it will burst fire excellent and if ya sweet spot it you can go full auto for a longer amount of time:) I just did this same excersise over the last few days.

PS.. If, you have the X-Valve, 1200 psi Ninja reg, and ULT... you can tune your Level 10 with the softest spring (short one) and put 5 shims in the ULT and you WILL be full auto and it will be ORGASMIC......BUT, have a greater chance of chopping balls as the softer spring hits harder than the medium.. so i don't recommend that even though its freaking awesome to pull the trigger a hair and unleash a rope until your hopper is empty :nono:

PS 2.. Center feed vs. powerfeed wont matter..... Make sure you have a fast loader.. Empire, Dye, Halo. Pinokio..

I don't disagree with any of this, but I will say that my x-valved non ULT with stock ninja reg and middle size bolt spring will also RT just fine.

Every mag is a little different...but you can take a stock ninja reg (800ish PSI) and add a couple shims from the 10 dollar rebuild kit and get it up to about 950 psi.

For me this RTs great with a middle length spring, but your mileage may vary.

The reason I am hesitant about the 1200PSI reg is that it's an all or nothing deal. It's only adjustable by about 100 PSI in either direction. If I play at a field where reactive triggers aren't legal I want to be able to pull a couple of shims out of my reg and make it damn near impossible to RT.

YOu can't do that with the 1200PSI reg. It will give you fantastic RT, but you'll need a separate tank if you can't use that on your field. I like the flexibility, but if it isn't important to you by all means I can't recommend the ninja regs enough. They're fantastic.

Centerfeed is where I'm going with all my mags, but I have an xvalve in a stainless powerfeed body now and it's just fine. The level 10 will save you if you ever outshoot your loader.

Newt
12-03-2010, 01:09 PM
This is a good line of thought. Actually, you'll almost certainly get excellent RT response of a fully shimmed standard reg. I had to throw in a quad oring just to keep mine sane.

That said, you can also get two regs and change them out in minutes if you don't red loctite them on.

tribalman
12-03-2010, 01:20 PM
This is a good line of thought. Actually, you'll almost certainly get excellent RT response of a fully shimmed standard reg. I had to throw in a quad oring just to keep mine sane.

That said, you can also get two regs and change them out in minutes if you don't red loctite them on.

or you can get an adjustable reg for your tank. i have an old Air America Armageddon sitting on my e-mag for this specific reason. if i'm shooting e-mode or mech mode where i don't want to go reactive i put the output at about 850 to 900 psi. if i want to go reactive i put it up to 1100 or a little more.

gmiller0
12-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't disagree with any of this, but I will say that my x-valved non ULT with stock ninja reg and middle size bolt spring will also RT just fine.

Every mag is a little different...but you can take a stock ninja reg (800ish PSI) and add a couple shims from the 10 dollar rebuild kit and get it up to about 950 psi.

For me this RTs great with a middle length spring, but your mileage may vary.

The reason I am hesitant about the 1200PSI reg is that it's an all or nothing deal. It's only adjustable by about 100 PSI in either direction. If I play at a field where reactive triggers aren't legal I want to be able to pull a couple of shims out of my reg and make it damn near impossible to RT.

YOu can't do that with the 1200PSI reg. It will give you fantastic RT, but you'll need a separate tank if you can't use that on your field. I like the flexibility, but if it isn't important to you by all means I can't recommend the ninja regs enough. They're fantastic.

Centerfeed is where I'm going with all my mags, but I have an xvalve in a stainless powerfeed body now and it's just fine. The level 10 will save you if you ever outshoot your loader.

I hear ya Factoid and fully agree... I would also love to have a ULE body but the fact that I can't mount my Reflex sight on it keeps me using my Stainless Body... I need a ULE'd powerfeed :)