PDA

View Full Version : Exploding Targets = FUN

Xernex
11-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Ok, yep this was stupid... probably too close, and not at all a good idea... but exploding targets are entirely TOO much fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqfsXbwSKHc

And yes... we all sound like hicks.... may as well act like em every once in a while.

Ando
11-29-2010, 06:31 PM
That is awsome!!!

What was in it?

Xernex
11-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm not entirely sure... its a product like tannerite. Two different powders that you mix together and they become explosive when hit with a high power rifle round (anything .223 and higher). Its totally stable otherwise... heck you can put a blowtorch to it and it wont even catch fire.

sjrtk
11-29-2010, 07:02 PM
But it took 2 shots to hit the first target!!! Although the exploding targets are amazingly fun when available (not here in NJ t) but my cousin and I used to load them in the target car on his property in PA. Gas door came back at us about as fast as the bullet went at it.

Xernex
11-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Well it was off hand with a gun I haven't shot in over 2 years and I have never been such a great shot with with the cetme.

WUNDERWAFFEN
11-30-2010, 05:37 PM
What do you think of the cetme? Been thinking of picking one up.

leloup
11-30-2010, 06:27 PM
What is the product name? I think I might have to look for it.

Xernex
11-30-2010, 07:00 PM
What do you think of the cetme? Been thinking of picking one up.

For the money ($300 about 8 years ago) I love the thing... but they are VERY VERY tempermental, especially if you get a Century Arms one... some will shoot great, others FTF, FTE, and all kinds of other nasty habits. Some come with canted sights and a whole host of other issues... I got lucky with mine, just ended up w/ slightly canted sights, otherwise she runs like a dream. If you've got the budget I'd suggest holding out for a MARS, but good luck finding one... and for the price, may as well go with an HK.

Out of all my evil assault rifles I prefer it to any other, the AK and FAL are fun to shoot, and the AR(varmitter) is great for precision but for the looks it gets and pure fun to shoot the cetme is amazing.

What is the product name? I think I might have to look for it.

Tannerite is the brand I run into most often, at least online, the stuff in the video was picked up locally by a company that was at the last gun show, but I'm not sure if they ship or have an online presence. BE SURE to check your local laws first though, while it may be legal in your state, it might not in your county/city/municipality.

sjrtk
11-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Just busting your stones a bit. What range day is complete with out that, never mind the good/great shots. Only the misses count! Good shooting and nice vid though.

Xernex
11-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Just busting your stones a bit. What range day is complete with out that, never mind the good/great shots. Only the misses count! Good shooting and nice vid though.

I know, it did annoy me that a couple of weekends back I was shooting hand thrown pears outta the air with the 1911 and then missed shots with the cetme :eek:

sjrtk
11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Thats like shooting at Apricots at 100 yards with an iron sight SMLE and having a girl shooting her boyfriends prairie dog gun (AR with a 24x scope) talk smack for going 9 shots for 6 when i went 10 for 6.

Xernex
11-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Thats like shooting at Apricots at 100 yards with an iron sight SMLE and having a girl shooting her boyfriends prairie dog gun (AR with a 24x scope) talk smack for going 9 shots for 6 when i went 10 for 6.

Nice haha, I wanted to use the SMLE for this, but they say the british 303 might not have enough punch for the targets to go up... which strikes me as odd... Said the same thing about 7.62x39 but we proved that wrong...

sjrtk
11-30-2010, 09:31 PM
They may be right. If you throw the 303 it won't set the target off. I have some old surplus RAF 303, that stuff is stout. There is no mistake when you touch one of those off, muzzle blast looks similar to a 44 mag in the dark.