PDA

View Full Version : Custom Products Micro Razor experiences...

dahoeb
11-30-2010, 02:30 PM
I went out and bought the CP Micro Razor drop. It's comfortable, small, literally exactly what I was looking for, however I have some doubts about the integrity of the drop. It seems to flex and bend up and down quite a bit when I've got the tank installed.

Have any of you guys seen/experienced any integrity related issues with these products? Am I just being paranoid?

-Rob

(if this belongs in the tech forum, sorry mods).

Stayhuge
11-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi, Yea, I had bought one of those, when I got my first Automag. I had it for about a week, never even used it in a game, and the dovetail part began to crack. I don't know if it was because the tank was too heavy (Just a Crossfire 68/4500), but it seemed like a real piece of crap. I have since switched to mostly direct mounts, or just a CP rail, if needed. I don't mess with their drops anymore. Just my 2 cents

Soonersdds
11-30-2010, 04:08 PM
I have to admit I had these same concerns when I got mine about a year ago. I run a 68/4500 on mine as well and as of yet have not had any problems. That being said, it would not shock me if some people have had some trouble with the durability of these.

jforbes555666
11-30-2010, 06:31 PM
I have played 2 big game events with one using a 114/3000 with a ninja reg. I was a little worried about both the drop and an aluminum reg. Both held up up and seem to be fine.

SSP REAPER
11-30-2010, 07:20 PM
I use one on my main setup. I have never had any issues with excessive bending or flexing. If you plan on hitting the ground (sliding or diving) just go out and buy a micro rail and attach an asa to it.

BigEvil
11-30-2010, 07:28 PM
I broke mine :(

TwilightG
11-30-2010, 07:59 PM
I broke mine :(
:eek:
I hope it wasn't from that MiniMag you just bought :(

Sniper Steve
12-04-2010, 04:54 AM
I had a couple problems getting a few tanks to fit on those, sometimes a guage or nipple would hit and not alow me to screw in a tank far enough.

Stayhuge
12-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I had a couple problems getting a few tanks to fit on those, sometimes a guage or nipple would hit and not alow me to screw in a tank far enough.

Yep, I also had that problem.

Honestly, I think CP was trying too hard to make them light and sleek, that they forgot that a tank and asa was going to be attached to it, and then people were going to be running and diving with it. Also, that people might be using these with compressed air tanks.

It was the only thing from CP that I have been disappointed with. I think that their other products are great. So I guess everyone is entitled to one mistake.