PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Planet Eclips DEEGO

CatoRockwell
12-01-2010, 04:04 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/DanSaunders/PB/DEmailout-800.jpg

Forged in the depths of hell and inspired by the unparalleled legacy of carnage the Ego continues to leave in its wake, comes the third issue of the Desert Edge Ego – The “DEEGO 11”.

Desert Edge is pleased to announce the release of the new 2011 limited edition DEEGO from Planet Eclipse. The distinctive design of this exclusive private label marker features all the great features of the Ego 11, with the stunning new Desert Edge graphics. The distinctive graphics make this striking limited team edition marker a dream to the few shooting it and a nightmare to those that oppose it.

The DEEGO represents a rare and long standing partnership between Eclipse and Desert Edge--two entities dedicated to building the sport of paintball. The third edition of the DEEGO is truly a milestone in poppet-value technology and demonstrates the constant commitment Planet Eclipse has to meet the needs of each individual player. This remarkable marker is equally at home in the woods at UWL as it is on the tournament fields of NPPL.

“Desert Edge has proven to be one of our most successful and stable scenario teams. We are very excited to have Desert Edge in the Emortal Army for another year to come!!”

”The consistency of Desert Edge and support they have shown Eclipse over the years is extraordinary. Most teams don’t even last a couple years yet Desert Edge has been around together as team for many years and has been supporting Planet Eclipse for over five years now. I love the respect Desert Edge receives from other players and teams, the attitude they bring to the field. They are always looking to lend a hand to another player if needed. DE guys are always acting in the right manner on and off the field and that can’t be said about most teams out there. It’s also great that Desert Edge plays in scenario events, tactical events, pump events and speedball events. They bring their love to the game in every aspect out there.” – Marc Lacia Planet Eclipse

“Eclipse has always been the company we wanted for a gun sponsorship. This will be our 6th year with Eclipse and every year they remind us why being part of the Emortal Army is like nothing else out there. Eclipse treats their teams better than any other manufacturer and continues to produce the best markers and soft goods in the industry. We know without a doubt that when we step on the field, even in the worst conditions, that marker problems will be the last thing we have to worry about.” – Dan Saunders (Desert Edge Team Captain).

Desert Edge would like to personally thank Planet Eclipse for providing the best equipment in the industry and for their unparalleled support of Team Desert Edge.

Desert Edge will be proudly shooting the DEEgo, Ego Eleven, Geo 2, and Etek3 paintball markers for the 2011 season.

For an early peek at our design please check us out on Facebook!

http://tinyurl.com/DEEGO11
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/DanSaunders/facebook_button-2.gif

http://goo.gl/ONdQ9.qr

wimag
12-01-2010, 04:27 PM
whoop de dooo.

Magmoormaster
12-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm excited for this one.

aerosaaber
12-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Something I'll never buy.
Nice silhouette pic tho, real detailed.

factoid
12-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm sure it's great for the DE guys, having a custom anno job for their markers, but that's really all these Limited Edition egos are.

Just like the Team Vicious egos they make for their pro speedball team. Same gun, different ano job and a custom grip design.

Great for the team, but I wonder how many of these they actually sell.

punkncat
12-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Is the wording under that ad the real thing, or a parody?

Did they really say "forged in the depths of hell", and "carnage...in it's wake", etc....?

What do they think this thing is? Who is that appealing to?

;) :rolleyes:

CatoRockwell
12-01-2010, 09:48 PM
aerosaaber, Actual picture will be added soon.

Factoid, oddly enough we have a lot of people who want a DE Ego, but yes it is only an anno job. A sweet Anno job. We are expressing our excitement about the new Ego 11 in general, there are a lot of neat features coming out on this gun, and the new approach of the Ego 11. I absolutely love the new adjustable solenoid & the pops asa. This is a great gun because you can customize how it functions to fit your style better. It is very ergonomic and with the beatings our team puts their guns through, they are amazingly reliable.

punkncat, the wording is just to give the marker a theme when you see the anno I think you'll agree.

I wasn't aware the AO had so many wet blankets. There are lots of great markers out there it's one of the great things about our sport. Although I love my automags along with some of my other team members, I still enjoy a variety of guns. My Viking, Automag, Autococker, eventually I'll probably get my hands on one of the old Matrix models.

PE has treated our team very well and anyone who is looking at getting one of the new guns I'd recommend them, not as a gimmick because they sponsor us, but simply because they are a great company to deal with and provide a great product.

DeuceSV
12-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Sounds like we should travel to Morhdorh and toss all of these into the fire... "frometh which it was forged."

:mad:

Drix
12-01-2010, 11:56 PM
I for one find no excitement in edited pictures. You wanna give me and my wallet a hard on you need to show some full frontal of your muppet mower or put it back under the paper bag from whence it came.

leloup
12-02-2010, 10:29 AM
What happened to the days when team guns had different milling, instead of just ano?

CatoRockwell
12-02-2010, 10:46 AM
It ended when they already milled off everything they could mill off. :)

wimag
12-02-2010, 11:55 AM
wet blankets ?? sorry was i suppose to have a jaw dropping experience on a picture of a silloutte (sp) good for you guys on a limited edition marker.
Sponsored scenario teams are a joke. Pretty much takes the enjoyable element out of being in the woods. Industries attempt to market a bulk of players who were looked down upon for not being speedballers back then.

CatoRockwell
12-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Didn't expect your jaw to drop. I just think that your immediate negativity was a let down. You could look at it that way or you could look at it in the positive light that finally manufacturers are recognizing where the heart of the sport is, in the woods.

I choose to look at PE, Dye, Empire, etc... all gearing more equipment to woodsball players as a positive thing. The glass is half full, not half empty.

elgalloblanco
12-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Give Cato a break. He's happy that his boys are getting a custom anno gun from PE.

I know I get excited when I see new bodies and rails being made for mags, but if you think about it, all they do is hold the valve, bolt and the barrel together. The same thing that the twistlock bodies and classic rails have done for as long as the mag has been around.

I ,for one, wanna see what it looks like :)

Magmoormaster
12-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Then become a fan on facebook and look at the pics there. :rolleyes:

If you want to see a company making custom milled guns for teams, go check out Bob Long. They're remaking the Texas Storm Timmy (on the G6R), as well as others.

Drix
12-02-2010, 04:34 PM
The glass is half full, not half empty.

Without full frontal you've put an empty glass infront of us and meerly told us it's full, when in fact the only thing we have is an empty shell of a promice. We wanna see it so we can say "Woah, check out the pixels on that baby"

Ando
12-02-2010, 04:50 PM
I like the look of it. The grip looks cool and strange all that the same time, might be the lighting and the barrel design almost looks like a AKA.

What's new with it from the 10's besides the .0001g weight difference ;)

Magmoormaster
12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
You mean besides the new reg design, the adjustable solenoid, new ASA, and redesigned barrel?

CatoRockwell
12-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Without full frontal you've put an empty glass infront of us and meerly told us it's full, when in fact the only thing we have is an empty shell of a promice. We wanna see it so we can say "Woah, check out the pixels on that baby"

The pics are available now, check them out on the facebook link! :cheers:

going_home
12-02-2010, 10:25 PM
The pics are available now, check them out on the facebook link! :cheers:

I dont get it.

Its just an Ego with lasering ?

Am I missing something ?

:confused:

Mikey B
12-03-2010, 12:14 AM
http://platform.ak.fbcdn.net/www/app_full_proxy.php?app=4949752878&v=1&size=o&cksum=360fd4ead2e5d6fd930241c2eaf8abcd&src=http%3A%2F%2Fi141.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fr 41%2FDanSaunders%2FPB%2FDEmailout-800.jpg

For those who also find it annoying that to be able to see a marker you need to go to another website....

That aside, looks good and I for one support the companies expanding over to scenario players.

koleah
12-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Ah heck, I think I'd rather just shoot a $400 electronic canadian paintball marker.

Swamp Thing
12-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Great Marker, Good looking anno and laser.

Swamp

Flatliner333
12-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Congrats Cato...very cool. :cheers:

CatoRockwell
12-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Image is now on the first post.

hill160881
12-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Sexy gun. How are they on batteries? With the eyes and that new noid it must really eat them. I mainly am interested in the power the new noid uses compared to the old ones. If it shoots three cases on a charge then it does not matter i guess.

factoid
12-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Didn't expect your jaw to drop. I just think that your immediate negativity was a let down. You could look at it that way or you could look at it in the positive light that finally manufacturers are recognizing where the heart of the sport is, in the woods.

I choose to look at PE, Dye, Empire, etc... all gearing more equipment to woodsball players as a positive thing. The glass is half full, not half empty.

I think in the past they haven't paid much attention to woodsballers because we prefer to buy accessories and not new markers. We'd rather add something like an apex barrel or a red dot sight, maybe a new tactical vest.

I might consider dropping 1200 dollars on a marker, but I'm certainly not going to do it every year or two like some of the speedball players I know.

CatoRockwell
12-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Definitely. I'm the same way. A lot of people on the team only get a new marker every couple of years, although there are several who buy multiple guns every year :rolleyes:

I've never personally liked Red dots, apex barrels, etc... Although that is a huge part of the woodsball community.

Beemer
12-03-2010, 12:21 PM

Not really, its just twice as big as it needs to be. :D

Ratt
12-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I think the marker looks great. I don't ever see myself spending $1000+ on a marker again (unless it is an XMag), but if I were to, I would buy one of these.

CatoRockwell
12-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Sexy gun. How are they on batteries? With the eyes and that new noid it must really eat them. I mainly am interested in the power the new noid uses compared to the old ones. If it shoots three cases on a charge then it does not matter i guess.
I'll let you know, but the adjustable solenoid is a manual thing that I don't really see affecting battery life.

We just barely got a couple for the team, and I'm waiting for my team annoed one, but I'll update the thread a little bit later when I have some more experience on battery life, etc...

SCpoloRicker
12-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Wow, thanks for directly posting a press release from a company that directly compensates you. Got past AdBlock in FF3.2x and everything!!

/reported

CatoRockwell
12-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Actually PE doesn't compensate me with anything. I was just posting our team's press release regarding our new team marker. Go ahead and "report" it. I don't see anything wrong with announcing our team gun. I'm not even telling you to buy it. Enjoy.

For those of you interested in how the solenoid works it's actually really easy and adjusting really has an effect on the feel of the gun when it fires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FezVMzS-auE

sjrtk
12-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Now that i can see what the marker looks like. It looks good, out of my price range, but looks good. If i was gonna drop 1k+ on a new electro i would look at one. Congrads on the new set up for the team too.