PDA

View Full Version : Smaller paint rolls past nubbins

finnmanpa
12-08-2010, 12:49 AM
Anyone alse have this issue lately with todays smaller bore paint in the twist locks with it rolling past the plastic nubbin. Getting alot of double feeds, barrel breaks, and low velocity with the double feeds.

I tried the old wire nubbins, but they would slice the balls as I think paint is thinner shelled overall too.

Any suggestions?

Ando
12-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Try applying electrical tape around the back part of the detent. If that doesn't work, find another paint. :rolleyes:

athomas
12-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Depending on the barrel you are using, the problem may be exaggerated as well. The nubbins sit in the barrel differently depending on how the nubbin slots were machined and the outer diameter of the barrel where it sits in the body. A loose fitting barrel can have issues because the nubbin doesn't get pushing into the breach as far.

Ando has the right suggestion. Applying a bit of tape to the back of the nubbin where the little knob sticks out the back will push the detent farther into the breach. Don't put tape on the nubbin where it will interfere with the movement of the nubbin, though (ie; don't hold it in the breach at the nubbin hole).

factoid
12-17-2010, 11:09 AM
I used a paperclip to apply a tiny dot of superglue to the back of my plastic nubbin heads. Let it dry for a couple hours. If it's causing problem you just sand it down until it's perfect.