PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Get a Mag

Dysturbed87
12-09-2010, 07:09 PM
I am hoping I am posting this in the correct area, but I am wanting to get a mag. i have plenty of cockers as of this point and want to get into the first paintball marker I ever used...a mag. I know there are plenty of options out there and everything. What would you all think would be a good starter mag? What body has the cocker threads? Thanks in advance for the help.

vf-xx
12-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I think it would help to know what style of play you use (Woods / Tourney, Targeted shots or spray and pray).

There are just so many options and ways to build a mag.

ULE bodies come with cocker threads. You can get adapters to use cocker threaded barrels on twistlock bodies.

If you want to start slowly, you can usually pick up a complete classic mag in the ballpark of 90~120 right now.

Tunaman
12-09-2010, 07:58 PM
I'll build it any way you like. Get what you want the first time. Email me tunaman5@comcast.net

Dysturbed87
12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
I would use for rec use. So basically woods and the occasional speedball. I just like to play for fun. Where would you find a cocker thread adapter...I didn't think they were easy to come by anymore? I don't think I am ready for a custom mag, but if I get into them enough than I would gladly contact you.

factoid
12-10-2010, 01:26 AM
I would use for rec use. So basically woods and the occasional speedball. I just like to play for fun. Where would you find a cocker thread adapter...I didn't think they were easy to come by anymore? I don't think I am ready for a custom mag, but if I get into them enough than I would gladly contact you.

Docs Shop has them in stock. I just bought one a few months ago and they work great. You can also get the Python kit, which has barrel inserts but is quite a bit longer, and the Noxx adapter, which is also big.

I think Doc's adapter has the best detent setup, though. It uses the little rubber fingers, which I maintain are better than ball detents.

Dysturbed87
12-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I have a a couple cocker threaded barrel kits (2 freak kits, 9 piece techt, and g1 OTP) and wanted to use them instead of having to look at other options. Thanks for the help eveyone

OPBN
12-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I have a a couple cocker threaded barrel kits (2 freak kits, 9 piece techt, and g1 OTP) and wanted to use them instead of having to look at other options. Thanks for the help eveyone
If you wanted to use the Freak kits, you could always keep your eye out for a twistlock freak back. They aren't that common, but come up for sale in the BSTs on occassion. Unfortunately, they arent cheap and won't allow you to use your other barrels.

vf-xx
12-10-2010, 11:47 AM
I think my local shop has a mag freak back.

Spider-TW
12-10-2010, 12:21 PM
It still happens sometimes, that a person will order an all new, all stock automag. They run around $500. I think you can still build it on the website, can't you? It gives you an idea anyway. X-valve, intelliframe, ULE body. They are fairly drab, but forever functional. The feedneck is usually the first thing to go, and you still need an ASA and a barrel.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=368&categoryID=79

If you order from Tuna, you will be sure to get in hand, all setup and tested, with all the extras you need.

Some people wade into the BSTs, but that's pretty hard to get "just right" on your first mag.

The latest (and I don't mean new) rail design is still pretty nice for stock though.