PDA

View Full Version : For all SFL owners

Load SM5
02-11-2002, 11:32 AM
I was having a problem with my velocity and my bolt being chewed up this last time out. I after going through a few scenarios I found out the cause. I put in another angel detent to replace the crappy plastic piece that came with the gun. I never would have thought it would be strong enough to bend the chunk of feed tube in the breech out, but it did. That was what was screwing up my bolt and I guess, affecting my velocity. If you decide to plug the hole with another detent I would at least grind out the ball part of the detent or call Shocktech and have them send you another crappy plastic piece, and glue it in.

I was able to bend it back a bit and polish out all the rough spots so I should be all fixed. Just a warning to the rest of you. Learn from my stupidity.

cphilip
02-11-2002, 11:34 AM
Nice of you to share that Load. You probably saved someone a lot of grief. That is the AO spirit for sure!:D

kilaueakid
02-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Load,
I had that feed tube milled out on mine and now I use two ball detents. The one on the left that was blocked by the feed tube before actually performs better for me. It allows the ball to sit closer to the face of the bolt and not roll around as much...(important when you have the eye installed that the ball doesn't roll away from it) I will try to snap a pic of it for ya.

kila

brian terry
02-11-2002, 12:52 PM
iv never had any prob with my ball detent ,but ill keep an eye on it now,thanks for the heads up...

Load SM5
02-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Well super, I'm the lucky one.:rolleyes:

Hysperion
02-11-2002, 01:06 PM
I just kept the crappy plastic piece stuck in there :)....Hasn't came out yet :)

Johnny Bravo
02-11-2002, 02:15 PM
I dont have anything to plug the other hole. Would it be wise to get another ball detent? Or mabey I'll mill mine like Kila's.

Load SM5
02-11-2002, 03:34 PM
I e-mailed shocktech. Kevin sent me a replacement along with his business card and 2 stickers. I glued the sucker in.

Hysperion
02-11-2002, 07:31 PM
The plastic piece is the second one I've had. The first one I lost because I touched it and turned it abit. A little later it was lost. Then when my electronics died and I sent the gun in to AGD it came back with a plastic plug that I haven't touched. It has stayed in.