PDA

View Full Version : I wonder (2)...

koleah
12-14-2010, 03:44 AM
If you could put a thin funnel full of flour above the feedneck so that it pours into the breech, and rig the capacitor and flash from a camera at the front of the barrel with some sort of sensor to go off when the gun shoots, so that the flash would light up the cloud of flour coming out of the barrel.

It just crossed my mind as a way to make a Predator-style shoulder mounted gun that actually light up and made a sound and light effect when it shot, instead of a little speaker and LED light combo. (for like a halloween or cosplay costume)

K

PS: Possibly forget the flour and just use a siphon-CO2 tank leading straight into an inline blowback. The CO2 would create a cloud coming out of the barrel (which would hopefully then be lit up by the flash), but would vaporize and disappear immediately without creating the mess that the flour would. Hmm... this might work better than the flour idea.

MAGpie
12-14-2010, 07:41 AM
If you could put a thin funnel full of flour above the feedneck so that it pours into the breech, and rig the capacitor and flash from a camera at the front of the barrel with some sort of sensor to go off when the gun shoots, so that the flash would light up the cloud of flour coming out of the barrel.

It just crossed my mind as a way to make a Predator-style shoulder mounted gun that actually light up and made a sound and light effect when it shot, instead of a little speaker and LED light combo. (for like a halloween or cosplay costume)

K

PS: Possibly forget the flour and just use a siphon-CO2 tank leading straight into an inline blowback. The CO2 would create a cloud coming out of the barrel (which would hopefully then be lit up by the flash), but would vaporize and disappear immediately without creating the mess that the flour would. Hmm... this might work better than the flour idea.

One day, your brain is going to cause you a physical injury. :D

Just use CO2. Putting powder down the breach of your marker... I can only imagine the amount of gunk the powder/lube mix will cause.

going_home
12-14-2010, 07:49 AM

:rofl:

hill160881
12-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Yes but put a small flame at the end of the barrel and it would ignite. Flour has a tremendous surface area and when you get it into the air like dust it burns very quickly and violently. In short you would have a flame thrower that would have a small compression wave. HaHa dont play with flour like this unless you want a small explosion. I have toyed with it and if the conditions are right it is really fun.

zondo
12-14-2010, 11:17 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1fdCp-MCg&feature=related

factoid
12-14-2010, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1fdCp-MCg&feature=related

This right here is your best bet if you want to actually use powder. Flour, as mentioned above, is pretty flamable in a cloud. Not as much as powdered milk, but still pretty flamable. I doubt it would ever cause a problem but you're better off going with one of the bazillion other white powdery substances out there like talcum powder which is not flammable.

koleah
12-15-2010, 03:46 AM

What do you mean "One day"? That implies an upcoming, future event.

sjrtk
12-15-2010, 08:10 PM
What do you mean "One day"? That implies an upcoming, future event.

How do you think he keeps coming up with this stuff.

MAGpie
12-16-2010, 06:32 AM
How do you think he keeps coming up with this stuff.

ROFL. Yeah, ok, true.