PDA

View Full Version : AGD E-Frame?

BTAutoMag
02-11-2002, 11:38 AM
Is AGD ever going to come out with an eframe like the booyaah or hyperframe because i am looking into both but i know it AGD makes one it will work better.

cphilip
02-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Read ALL of this...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4590&highlight=Intellifeed+cost

OldSchoolMag
02-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Ah! READ?!?!?!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

OSM

56kSomeGuy
02-11-2002, 06:49 PM
Just Wondering did that form that you told him to read give the ppl at agd the idea to make the intelliframe?

jurassic
02-11-2002, 07:21 PM
cphilip: I read all three pages , than reread several posts again. I could not help but see that what everyone wants is not just a bolt on basic Egrip with a few features but a more affordable Emag. I have not met a Mag owner yet that wouldn't want a Emag if the discretionary spending were available. At a lower price many more current Mag owners would buy a more affordable Emag and along the way many more non-Mag owners would become Emag owners. Is a $500 to $600 Emag possible with the same features as the current Emag?....but with an high quality extruded Aluminum frame to minimize machining costs, no frills, less costly matieral, but still reliable, same Emag electronics in a cast composite 45 2 finger grip frame that accepts popular grips and are lighter than aluminum also less costly, if a player wants to have an anodized or chromed frame than upgrade or buy the full frills Emag, as this is mostly cosmetics and would be personal preference, no barrel, Mag owners already have a barrel or 2 at least, new Emag owners will have a choice of the after market barrels. An ACE would be an option. But easily upgradeable at the players discretion. No I'm not smoking crack. I gave that up last week.
What do you think?:D

cphilip
02-12-2002, 07:44 AM
Well...what I saw was most people in that thread wanted a electric frame only. Not an Emag. Thye wanted to spend only $200-300 for upgrading the Mag they already had to have electronic trigger feel and good tolerance to the Mag which some reported lacking in the two options available as aftermarket for the Mag. And Tom said he would consider one after all the other projects were done and it came up to the top of his list. I guess you could conclude a cheaper Emag is what they end up with but I see them as totaly different things. They will not end up with an Emag. It will lack a lot of the features of the Emag.

Low cost Emag? Hmmm I doubt it will come down much. If the market and sales volumes go up then the retailers can make less profit on volume. So if sales of them skyrocket then I can see the price coming down a bit. Perhaps to $750-$800 for a base unit no barrel if things were to happen just right.

I think the Intelliframe was already in development by the time this post surfaced. And its a whole differnt thing anyway. So no, it did not influence Tom to make a 45 frame as far as I know. It may influence him to make a electronic frame some day though. I suspect he will need a bit more convincing that he could sell enough of them to bother before he does. I sure wouldn't spend much time on it from that response. So I would guess it would not be high priority right now.

BTAutoMag
02-12-2002, 12:04 PM
well i have EVERYTHING on my mag how i want it except for the trigger pull which is already lighter and shorter then usual because of all the upgrades and $$$$ i put into it... Do i want an emag? yes i do but i will never get rid of my gun just cause i like it too much, and i would probably use the emag under my mag now and just use the emag as a backup.