PDA

View Full Version : Autococker Barrel Adapters

Advanced
12-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Hey gang,

I'm looking to pick up a mechanical gun after Xmas and would like to keep using my cocker barrels. I remember someone makes an insert that goes into the twist-lock bodies.

My question is--how well does it work? I'm wondering about the spacing of the ball and barrel end. Also, how do the detents work?

WUNDERWAFFEN
12-17-2010, 12:43 AM
It would be better to just buy an ULE body or any of the newer cocker threaded bodies.

factoid
12-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey gang,

I'm looking to pick up a mechanical gun after Xmas and would like to keep using my cocker barrels. I remember someone makes an insert that goes into the twist-lock bodies.

My question is--how well does it work? I'm wondering about the spacing of the ball and barrel end. Also, how do the detents work?

www.docsshop.com has them. I use one in my stainless body and love it. It adds a bit of weight, but it's not terrible.

The detents used in this adapter are spyder finger detents. Those are actually my favorite kind of detent in the world. I'm working on a method to convert ball detents into a holder for these fingers because I think they work better.

If you buy them in bulk you can get them for around 25 cents a piece. Individually you'll pay a couple bucks because otherwise it's not worth the cost of the transaction. I bought a box of 25 for a few bucks from the local airsmith.

One note: I had to sand open the breech of my adapter just a little because balls were catching on the lip. Just a little sandpaper is all it took to fix. And I usually cut a milimeter or so off the end of the detents because mine are a little too long and stick up into the breech. That might just be because these were off-brand detents though.

cadams
12-17-2010, 11:25 AM
www.docsshop.com has them. I use one in my stainless body and love it. It adds a bit of weight, but it's not terrible.

The detents used in this adapter are spyder finger detents. Those are actually my favorite kind of detent in the world. I'm working on a method to convert ball detents into a holder for these fingers because I think they work better.

If you buy them in bulk you can get them for around 25 cents a piece. Individually you'll pay a couple bucks because otherwise it's not worth the cost of the transaction. I bought a box of 25 for a few bucks from the local airsmith.

One note: I had to sand open the breech of my adapter just a little because balls were catching on the lip. Just a little sandpaper is all it took to fix. And I usually cut a milimeter or so off the end of the detents because mine are a little too long and stick up into the breech. That might just be because these were off-brand detents though.

I have one also and I like it. I too had to sand it a bit because the edges around the feed neck hole were a bit rough.