PDA

View Full Version : I need suggestions on an old MiniMag

greywolf8404
12-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Thank you to all that are reading this post and a special thank you to anyone that posts some suggestions.

With that said I have owned my Minimag for about 12 years and it still functions beautifully (thank you Tom Kaye) and is stock with a powerfeed. Now after years of flawless service I would like to change it from a speedball type marker to a more woodsball / sniper type of weapon system.

Now I do like the look of the Long bow and would like to know if there is a way to adapt it to fit to a minimag or a frame that would fit on my current frame, grip and insides. I was also considering a q-loader and finding a tac rail system and a air through stock that would fit the minimag body.

I would also like to know if there was someone still making the crown top barrel shown in the Automag video with the old lock in barrel system. I would like to attempt to make the sound redirection system that will not dampen the sound but redirect it behind the shooter. If anyone has played with something like this I would be interested to know your thoughts on it.

Thank everyone in advance for any thoughts everyone might have.

hill160881
12-18-2010, 01:22 AM
check out the pic thread http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5895 for some ideas and there is a thread for mil sim mags in the talk section. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=253778

Basically the rule with a mag is whatever you can think of (looks wise) it is generally possible, if you have the money.

factoid
12-18-2010, 11:05 AM
If you don't want to do a full longbow kit you could just get the stock, which is called a T2W stock.

http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/special-ops-t2w-air-thru-stock.html

They make two versions, one gas-thru and one standard.

I don't exactly how the longbow kit connects to the marker, but I'm pretty sure it's designed to fit onto a tac one rail.

If you wanted to use a minimag body with a tac-one rail you'd need to modify the PIM. That's the little oval nub on the bottom of the body. A tac-one rail will only accept a circular PIM, so the oval one on your minimag won't fit.

You can file an oval PIM into a round one pretty easily though. A bastard file will work, but I did mine with a dremel.

The other option is to send your rail out to be modified. Someone like Lukes Customs can cut an oval PIM slot into the rail for you. Modifying the PIM is a lot cheaper though.

greywolf8404
12-18-2010, 07:44 PM
so i could probably just get a Tac-one main body because it says that its works with minimag internals and then get the long bow conversion for it. Now you said that I would need an oval PMI? I am not familiar with that reference.

MAGpie
12-18-2010, 08:19 PM
so i could probably just get a Tac-one main body

Pretty much.

The Longbow connects to the top rail of the Tac body, but the Q-bow version either uses an adapter piece that came with the kit, or you can just use the feed neck. I would actually recommend a Warp body for this, makes the Q-connection a lot easier, and it leaves the top of the marker nice and open for all them mil-sim goodies you would like to put on it. BUT, this will require a few extra bits...

Looking for one second hand, this one is still for sale:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2747179#post2747179

Saw another earlier, but I think that one is sold already.

12-19-2010, 02:22 PM
so i could probably just get a Tac-one main body because it says that its works with minimag internals and then get the long bow conversion for it. Now you said that I would need an oval PMI? I am not familiar with that reference.

the pim is the nub on the bottom of the body that the front frame screw goes in
on a minimag body it is a large rectangle
on the RT and aluminum bodies the pim is a small oval
the corresponding hole in your rail has to match up or it doesnt work

greywolf8404
12-19-2010, 03:58 PM
thank you very much for the explaination of what a PIM is, I see that piece now. I also was informed that the longbow kit is no longer for sale, so other than picking it up second hand its not going to be relitively available. Does anyone know of anything like that being manufactured now?