PDA

View Full Version : Possible valve issue?

rab3
12-19-2010, 07:16 PM
I was shooting my automag rt ule today and i was practicing on shooting quickly, however it seemed that if i pulled the trigger too frequent then it would short stroke and the ball would just roll out of the barrel, I am curious what is causing this because the X-valve has an incredible recharge speed. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

MAGpie
12-19-2010, 08:16 PM
I was shooting my automag rt ule today and i was practicing on shooting quickly, however it seemed that if i pulled the trigger too frequent then it would short stroke and the ball would just roll out of the barrel, I am curious what is causing this because the X-valve has an incredible recharge speed. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Your input pressure is to low by the sound of it.

rab3
12-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Your input pressure is to low by the sound of it.
what do you suggest I do to fix that?
Im sorry for all the questions, I am kind of new to automags

gmiller0
12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
what do you suggest I do to fix that?
Im sorry for all the questions, I am kind of new to automags

Try putting in th standard r/t on/off and see what it does... Also, make sure there is about a credit card thickness between the trigger and the pin when on safety... (very importand)

wimag
12-19-2010, 11:11 PM
You are using a high pressure output tank? Not low pressure

athomas
12-21-2010, 08:59 AM
How old is the bolt spring? If it is weak, the bolt will not reset as fast and you could short stroke the valve. Also, as mentioned, a low pressure tank could cause issues, as could an airline restriction.

rab3
12-22-2010, 10:55 PM
How old is the bolt spring? If it is weak, the bolt will not reset as fast and you could short stroke the valve. Also, as mentioned, a low pressure tank could cause issues, as could an airline restriction.
the bolt spring is about a 1.5 years old and ibe only played with it twice.
im thinking i just have a low pressure tank, im gonna purchase one and see if that will fix the problem. any recommendations on tanks?

gmiller0
12-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Ninja..... All the way!!!

athomas
12-23-2010, 10:26 AM
the bolt spring is about a 1.5 years old and ibe only played with it twice.
im thinking i just have a low pressure tank, im gonna purchase one and see if that will fix the problem. any recommendations on tanks?It sounds like your bolt spring should be fine.

Borrow a tank with a high output pressure and try it before you commit to buying one. No sense in spending the extra cash if yours is fine.

factoid
12-23-2010, 10:39 AM
It sounds like your bolt spring should be fine.

Borrow a tank with a high output pressure and try it before you commit to buying one. No sense in spending the extra cash if yours is fine.

What he said.

And instead of buying a tank, just buy yourself a Ninja tank regulator and a rebuild kit for it. That will run you about 45 plus shipping. Then you just pull the regulator off your old tank and replace it with the ninja reg, which is pressure adjustable.

You can convert it from 450-950 PSI just by adding or removing shims from the bonnet.

Then if you need a low pressure tank for other markers you can still use this one. The pressure adjustment is really easy. Just empty the tank completely, remove two set screws with an allen wrench and unscrew the bonnet with the tool they give you. The shims just sit inside there and dump right out. Takes about 5 minutes and the regulator can stay on the tank.

gmiller0
12-24-2010, 03:56 PM
What he said.

And instead of buying a tank, just buy yourself a Ninja tank regulator and a rebuild kit for it. That will run you about 45 plus shipping. Then you just pull the regulator off your old tank and replace it with the ninja reg, which is pressure adjustable.

You can convert it from 450-950 PSI just by adding or removing shims from the bonnet.

Then if you need a low pressure tank for other markers you can still use this one. The pressure adjustment is really easy. Just empty the tank completely, remove two set screws with an allen wrench and unscrew the bonnet with the tool they give you. The shims just sit inside there and dump right out. Takes about 5 minutes and the regulator can stay on the tank.

Hey factoid... I'm glad you touched on this... Is it difficult to change regulators on a tank? I actually sent my 88/4500 to ninja to have their reg installed since I was apprehensive to do it myself. I have a 3000 psi tank that leaks where the reg is screwed into the tank and was wanting to fix it but am kinda worried about trying it myself.

athomas
12-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Make sure the tank is empty. Remove the old tank regulator. Clean the threads. Install a new tank oring at the base of the regulator threads. Install the new regulator. Don't use any thread lock/sealer.