PDA

View Full Version : Buying a friends stuff...

Frizzle Fry
12-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Just looking to see what I should give him:

Powerfeed body, media blasted SS, pump milled, seen some use but overall decent shape.

RT/P rail, media blasted aluminum, seen much better days...

I don't want to rip him off, nor do I want to throw away money. He could care less about the stuff but I don't wanna just take'em. What's a good trade value, or dollar amount for me to hand him for this stuff? Any help would be much appreciated - I'd like to start fiddling with this stuff.

OPBN
12-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Just looking to see what I should give him:

Powerfeed body, media blasted SS, pump milled, seen some use but overall decent shape.

RT/P rail, media blasted aluminum, seen much better days...

I don't want to rip him off, nor do I want to throw away money. He could care less about the stuff but I don't wanna just take'em. What's a good trade value, or dollar amount for me to hand him for this stuff? Any help would be much appreciated - I'd like to start fiddling with this stuff.
Probably wouldnt pay more than $15-25.

Smoothice
12-19-2010, 10:10 PM
30-40

Frizzle Fry
12-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Sounds good.

He's also got a media blasted spyder frame that's been drilled to fit (or at least bolt on to) an automag, but it hasn't been milled/slotted for the sear and he hasn't got a mod'ed sear to work with it. Also, the aforementioned RTP rail is eye milled if that means anything.

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

OPBN
12-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Value is in the eye of the buyer/seller. Personally, I would put very little value on a stripped and tinkered with RTPro rail. In fact, I have one that I will sell for dirt cheap.... As for the body, pump milling makes it worth a bit more, but powerfeed bodies are a dime a dozen these days. You can probably find 10-20 for sale on the first page or so of the BST threads. As for the Spyder frame, considering you can buy used spyders for $30-40, I can't see the frame being worth more than a few bucks.

Honestly, if your friend is not putting any value on them, and he is the current owner, why should you? I have parts sitting around here that If a friend needed/wanted, I would just give them to. Value is pretty relative.

kcombs9
12-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Honestly, if your friend is not putting any value on them, and he is the current owner, why should you? I have parts sitting around here that If a friend needed/wanted, I would just give them to. Value is pretty relative.

OPBN we are now BFF's.

my Christmas list is.......

OPBN
12-20-2010, 08:49 AM
OPBN we are now BFF's.

my Christmas list is....... Next time you are in town, swing by and pick em up...