PDA

View Full Version : brown bolt spring?

SockMonkey
12-28-2010, 05:21 PM
So lookin at the spare parts my uncle had with his mag (meaning all this stuff is like 9+ years old) I found this brown bolt spring. It's about 3/16" to 1/4" taller then all my other gold springs.

It color is like an old piranha patina. None of the other springs with it (3 or 4) are like this, they are all the standard classic mag gold springs.

I might be able to grab a pic of it when I get home but not sure. I am just curious what this might have been specifically used for, I havent seen one like it before. Its like an intermediate between the gold and the red springs.

12-28-2010, 06:46 PM
is it round wire or square wire?

SockMonkey
12-28-2010, 07:03 PM
its square wire just like every other bolt, and fits perfectly onto all the bolts I have.. Looks exactly like every other srping too, just a tad longer than a gold spring (maybe 1/4") and is this brownish, maybe SLIGHT, green color. Like the patina of brass on older piranhas.

factoid
12-28-2010, 07:59 PM
So lookin at the spare parts my uncle had with his mag (meaning all this stuff is like 9+ years old) I found this brown bolt spring. It's about 3/16" to 1/4" taller then all my other gold springs.

It color is like an old piranha patina. None of the other springs with it (3 or 4) are like this, they are all the standard classic mag gold springs.

I might be able to grab a pic of it when I get home but not sure. I am just curious what this might have been specifically used for, I havent seen one like it before. Its like an intermediate between the gold and the red springs.

Not finding any references to it. I'll wager a guess that it's from a third party parts kit. I know 32 degrees made an off-brand parts kit, but I don't remember if it came with a spring.

Ando
12-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Rust?

Only brown ones I've seen :rolleyes: