PDA

View Full Version : shockers suck, but...

bound for glory
12-29-2010, 05:43 PM
heres the thing: i am not a fan of ANYTHING smart parts. but some kid on my street wants to sell me a very nice looking shocker(i think its box stock, but i don't know) for $100(and i could most likly give him less).
i don't want it for myself(i shot a russian legion timmy), but it might be a good upgrade to my sons a5 tippy.
is it worth it? are there still soft parts out there? i don't want to start a "i hate smart parts" rant, here. just wondering...

TippmannFireman
12-29-2010, 05:49 PM
There's still parts out there for them. I think ~$100 for a stock Shocker is pretty good. From what I hear, they're nice little guns.

CatoRockwell
12-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Gogpaintball is the continuation of Smart Parts, I would imagine they will begin developing parts for their old guns.

kwik175
12-29-2010, 06:23 PM
I live 45 minutes from Smart Parts and they are still servicing and producing parts for all of their old markers. They are also still building and servicing the new Luxe 1.5. I never approved of what they did for the industry but I have had much success with shockers as far as performance and reliability.

BigEvil
12-29-2010, 06:30 PM
I have one and I really like it. (Here comes the big BUT) BUT, they can be finicky and sometimes need lots of TLC.

They are notorious for FSDO.. especially with the stock SP boards (they suck). I use a Virtue in mine and it has anti FSDO settings which help greatly.

Mine was also getting bolt stick after sitting for a while. Once i polished the bolt it seems to have gone away.

They also need a ton of maintenance... be prepared to thoroughly clean and re-grease it after each use.

For less than $100, it's worth it though..

:cheers:

punkncat
12-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Keep it cleaned and properly lubed. Keep fresh batteries, dow 33, and orings on hand and buy the hell out of that for $100.

bound for glory
12-30-2010, 01:11 PM
i got it about 2 hours ago. the punk came over and said "if you got $75 you can have it"!. if the little punk was'nt a full blown kung fu kid, i'd think he was a heroin addict. it is a stock, black, shocker . no a scratch on it. when he first showed it to me, i did'nt think he had the box(!), manual(!) and a bunch of o rings. being a pretty honest guy, i said "tony, your mom know you're selling this"? he said "her old boyfriend got it for me, and he was an ***...".
my boy has a new shocker! and we were just out in my back field and it rips!

georgeyew
12-30-2010, 01:20 PM
i got it about 2 hours ago. the punk came over and said "if you got $75 you can have it"!. if the little punk was'nt a full blown kung fu kid, i'd think he was a heroin addict. it is a stock, black, shocker . no a scratch on it. when he first showed it to me, i did'nt think he had the box(!), manual(!) and a bunch of o rings. being a pretty honest guy, i said "tony, your mom know you're selling this"? he said "her old boyfriend got it for me, and he was an ***...".
my boy has a new shocker! and we were just out in my back field and it rips!

Congrats on the Shocker....but why are you calling him a punk for giving you a great deal?

bound for glory
12-30-2010, 01:56 PM
because he is a trouble making kid in my area. hes cool to me, but he starts fights, does'nt mind telling off adults and is, well, in trouble alot. i like him. but hes a punk...

CatoRockwell
12-30-2010, 03:48 PM
how dare you post without a picture :rolleyes:

Justus
12-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Idea: Sell the Shocker as LNIB condition, buy a .68 Classic Mag, and pocket the profit. ;)

Sounds like you got a nice deal. Pics?

bound for glory
12-30-2010, 05:56 PM
i'll post some pics when my wife gets home. the kid only used it at a d day at skirmish and twice at a now defuncked outlaw field. he said he was gonna buy some f/x pedels. man, i hate smart parts, but i got a deal, baby! he even gave me about 700 paintballs(whitch went straight into the garbage).
won't sell it. and it is very nearly new. i had promised my son we would upgrade his a5 to some electro for his birthday in june. now he has a very nice shocker and the boy nextdoor can use the a5 when spring comes. ;)