PDA

View Full Version : Bob Long Reg Output/Input

OPBN
12-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know if you can swap the input and output ports on a Bob Long reg? When I screw it into the vert ASA, the input is on the front of the grip and the guage on the back. I want to move the macro fitting onto the back of the reg and plug the other port. Will this work? Looking at it, the port that appears to be the input only has a larger channel that feeds the req vs the port that feeds the gauge only has a small hole feeding it.

I can get pictures if I am not explaining it very well.

Thanks in advance.

TwilightG
12-30-2010, 04:14 PM
no.
since the gauge port outputs the regulated pressure, I imagine that reversing in in/out ports just won't work. You'd basically end up passing the pre-regulated air pressure directly into the asa

Justus
12-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Wait, are you wanting to swap the output macro fitting with the gauge, or actually swap the input port with the output port? It sounds from your explanation that you want to put the macro fitting where the gauge is currently sitting.

OPBN
12-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Wait, are you wanting to swap the output macro fitting with the gauge, or actually swap the input port with the output port? It sounds from your explanation that you want to put the macro fitting where the gauge is currently sitting.

The way the reg screw in, the input port ends up on the front of the marker and the gauge port ends up next to the trigger. For this to work, I need it to be reversed. I want to put the macro fitting as an input where the gauge is, and plug what was the input port. I don't think it will work, but not sure. If not, I will have to get the ASA tapped for an additional port and turn it 180*

Justus
12-30-2010, 04:38 PM
no.
since the gauge port outputs the regulated pressure, I imagine that reversing in in/out ports just won't work. You'd basically end up passing the pre-regulated air pressure directly into the asa

Then, this ^^. It would work, as in air would flow through to the ASA, but it wouldn't be regulated by the BL Reg. It would turn your BL Reg into a glorified air-through grip.

Your idea about tapping the ASA and turning it 180* seems pretty good. Just make sure to get the other side plugged.

vf-xx
12-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Try putting an extra tank o-ring in the ASA, or use some of the tank alignment clips to have the reg sit firm a 1/2 twist further out.

OPBN
12-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Try putting an extra tank o-ring in the ASA, or use some of the tank alignment clips to have the reg sit firm a 1/2 twist further out.
Tank alignment clip?

correia3
12-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Tank alignment clip?

Ninja sells them: http://www.ninjapaintball.com/productDetail.asp_Q_catID_E_100_A_subCatID_E_89_A_ productID_E_122

OPBN
12-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Ninja sells them: http://www.ninjapaintball.com/productDetail.asp_Q_catID_E_100_A_subCatID_E_89_A_ productID_E_122
Yeah, I just found them on Actionvillage. I never heard of these before. Cool. About the same cost in this case as getting the ASA tapped though. Will probably pick up a kit anyways as misaligned tanks has been an issue ona couple of set ups that I have.

Thanks for the heads up.

athomas
01-02-2011, 09:03 AM
If this is going on a mag, why don't you just rotate the vertical ASA 180 degrees. If it is going on another marker, then it won't work of course, because most markers have an ASA that only fits in one direction.

OPBN
01-02-2011, 09:23 AM
If this is going on a mag, why don't you just rotate the vertical ASA 180 degrees. If it is going on another marker, then it won't work of course, because most markers have an ASA that only fits in one direction.
It is going on a pump mag that I have removed the regulator from the valve. I am using the BL reg instead. For it to work I would have to buy a reverse valve.

athomas
01-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Drill the ASA on the other side and tap it. That way it will still have the output on the side that you want it on. You can then plug the unused original output port.