PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a Frame Bushing?

tofunjay
12-31-2010, 09:44 PM
I just got a powerlyte frame, but the hole for the field strip screw is bigger than normal, like some of the Z grip frames by AGD. Does anyone know where I can find a frame bushing for it? I looked on AGD website and tunamart but I can't seem to find one. Maybe I'm just blind.

leloup
12-31-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't think you can "buy" one. The larger hole is for a classic rt. I use a classic rt frame on my classic mag, though, so don't be afraid. All you have to do is take a spare Power tube spacer that you don't need, I had an extra, and file it around a bit so that it has a snug fit. Viola, a bushing.

mpsd
12-31-2010, 10:25 PM
There is a bushing for this aplication. Try contacting AGD and Tunaman. They both should have it in stock. E-mail them both and they will get you your quote, even if it's not listed. I've bought mine from Tuna.

SkinnyHare
12-31-2010, 10:59 PM
you could just go to a hardware store and find something that would substitute. 99 out of 100 chance that you'll be able to find something in the isle of bins where they keep all the nuts, bolts, washers, and offset spacers.

vf-xx
12-31-2010, 11:59 PM
There is a bushing for this aplication. Try contacting AGD and Tunaman. They both should have it in stock. E-mail them both and they will get you your quote, even if it's not listed. I've bought mine from Tuna.

AGD, Tuna, or PTP are good places to check.

It's also been suggested that a Lvl 7 power tube spacer should work.

rifleman wi
01-01-2011, 01:13 AM

yep, thats what i did for mine, works great.

Forest_ptp
01-03-2011, 07:31 PM

We should have them for both the field strip screw + bushing size (standard Automag), as well as field strip "only" that we used for the original Micromags. They are knurled and usually a light press fit to add or remove. Let us know if you need one.

tofunjay
01-04-2011, 06:48 AM
We should have them for both the field strip screw + bushing size (standard Automag), as well as field strip "only" that we used for the original Micromags. They are knurled and usually a light press fit to add or remove. Let us know if you need one.

Thanks, I sent Tracy a pm.