PDA

View Full Version : level ten spring

93klauss
01-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Was wondering if the stock spring on a classic mag is the same as the level ten spring? Can you cut this spring fro fine tuning of the bolt? If so how much?

anyone have a spring kit?

Thanks

Spider-TW
01-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Iirc, the black spring is about (or exactly) the same as a gold level 10 spring (when both are new). You shouldn't need to cut either unless you're trying to shoot under 250 fps. They should both be about 1/8" - 3/16" above the tip of the bolt when fresh.

93klauss
01-03-2011, 03:43 PM
The problem I do not have all the springs for the level ten. Wondering if the stock level 7 spring can be used? Or do I have to buy the FN bolt spring and cut it back? AGD has three choices on web site, What would work the best?

athomas
01-03-2011, 04:19 PM
The stock level 7 bolt spring is the same spring as the short level 10 bolt spring. It should work in all instances without any cutting.

Spider-TW
01-03-2011, 05:26 PM
The problem I do not have all the springs for the level ten. Wondering if the stock level 7 spring can be used? Or do I have to buy the FN bolt spring and cut it back? AGD has three choices on web site, What would work the best?
This is the common spring...

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=17&categoryID=38

It's easy to tune. You can get it and the longer one. Use the gold one for reference and whittle away at the long one for entertainment.

The stiffer springs are lighter on paint, but the only paint that ever broke with my gold sprung level 10s was hardly fit to play with. You can also have some trouble stuffing the odd egg shaped ball into a tight bore with the longer springs.