PDA

View Full Version : Quick question: Oil in the ASA, but what about with a gauge?

Justus
01-09-2011, 02:39 PM
I've got a gauge on my ASA... should I avoid putting oil in it because of that, and instead put oil for my gun directly into the macro fitting closest to the valve? Or does it really matter?

MAGpie
01-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I've got a gauge on my ASA... should I avoid putting oil in it because of that, and instead put oil for my gun directly into the macro fitting closest to the valve? Or does it really matter?

The gauge is not "physically" open to the air supply. It has a diaphragm which is forced in by the pressure, driving it.

It really does not matter.

Justus
01-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!

Daze
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
If you're using macroline, putting oil in the fitting going into the valve works too. That way you're not just oiling your macro line.

Justus
01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Okay, that will work as well. I am using macro line.

Question on macro fittings now, since this is my first time installing them: how far into the valve does a Ninja black macro fitting go in? It seems I can get about 4 or 5 threads in before it tightens way up. I've put a 7/16" wrench to it and can't seem to get it to go in much further, either.

Too much force? Something wrong? Everything okay (it's not supposed to go all the way in or something)?

MAGpie
01-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Okay, that will work as well. I am using macro line.

Question on macro fittings now, since this is my first time installing them: how far into the valve does a Ninja black macro fitting go in? It seems I can get about 4 or 5 threads in before it tightens way up. I've put a 7/16" wrench to it and can't seem to get it to go in much further, either.

Too much force? Something wrong? Everything okay (it's not supposed to go all the way in or something)?

No, not at all. Tighten until it is nice and tight, and do not use too much force. Really is not necessary. Air up, and see if there is a leak. If not, your good. Over torqueing will only strip the threads, and that can be costly. It needs to sit securely without leaking. You need no more force than that.

Justus
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks MAGpie. Got to wait until tomorrow to air up and check it, though. I used blue locktite instead of teflon tape and have to give it 24 hours to cure now.