PDA

View Full Version : Emag Sear Lock really hard to push

Magmerc
01-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Everytime I think I have everything on my mags worked out, something pops up. Ah well, I'll just keep on learning I guess. :) On my emag, my sear lock is really tough to push, I have to use a hammer to move it. I took the sear lock itself out, oiled the holes, and clipped the spring down just barely a turn, so half of the ball is showing when the spring isn't depressed compared to it sitting all the way out. Still doesn't help it. Any ideas? Want to be able to use the sear lock for safety. Thanks.

athomas
01-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Make sure the ball is smooth and not corroded. Take some fine sand paper and smooth the upper edges of the grooves where the ball sits in the safety. This will allow the ball to roll up over the edge much easier and prevent it from sticking.

Tunaman
01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
If it is an old style hump back frame dont waste your time. Almost all of them were no good hence the upgrade to the ULE Frame..

theGOLDENchild
01-10-2011, 07:26 PM
If it is an old style hump back frame dont waste your time. Almost all of them were no good hence the upgrade to the ULE Frame..

Now I'm curious what the actual difference is between the frames.

Tunaman
01-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Now I'm curious what the actual difference is between the frames.
The area around the safety hole was redesigned and the frame was ULE'ed.

theGOLDENchild
01-10-2011, 08:15 PM
The area around the safety hole was redesigned and the frame was ULE'ed.

You'd make a great politician :cool:

vf-xx
01-10-2011, 08:53 PM
You'd make a great politician :cool:

IE: Known problem. They fixed it. :ninja:

theGOLDENchild
01-10-2011, 10:10 PM
IE: Known problem. They fixed it. :ninja:
They obviously redesigned it due to the original comment and the fact that the ULE frame has been ULE'd is also obvious. Was looking for a little more detail but I know Tuna is a busy man, just bustin his chops.