PDA

View Full Version : This just in from BigEvil...

zondo
01-09-2011, 09:27 PM
I had the opportunity to put a hopper through my new E90...

Couldn't unload because it was a pump day and I only bought one bag of paint and needed to play for the rest of the day ;)

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/robzondo/Current%20Arsenal/th_P1080496.jpg (http://s411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/robzondo/Current%20Arsenal/?action=view&current=P1080496.mp4)

Dover
01-09-2011, 09:30 PM
sweeet!

Smoothice
01-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Nice foregrip :p

koleah
01-09-2011, 10:09 PM
What kind of hopper is that? Nothing can replace my Revy, but that thing looks pretty lo-pro.

zondo
01-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Nice foregrip :p

I hate you... ;)

What kind of hopper is that? Nothing can replace my Revy, but that thing looks pretty lo-pro.

It's a Dye Rotor. I traded my original color kit (and subsequently the jewels) for it. It's made of the same plastic as the pre-BE Revvy's I believe.

BigEvil
01-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Holy crap it worked :confused: ..er I mean :dance:

DeuceSV
01-09-2011, 10:48 PM
just curious... how well would an xboard revy keep up with that frame? Don't shoot particularly quickly

Frizzle Fry
01-09-2011, 11:11 PM
just curious... how well would an xboard revy keep up with that frame? Don't shoot particularly quickly

An X-Boarded Revvy feeds consistently at 12bps, which is a little bit higher than most field and tourney firing speed limits these days... If you can find a place that allows 20+ BPS play and have the desire to put way too much paint down range, you'd need something faster and more consistent, but at almost any official paintball establishment/event you'll do fine with a revvy on top of any marker.

*edit*
Not trying to rag on the people who use modern hoppers - I generally top my Mags with a Pinokio (essentially a Fasta) and most of my electros with a Halo. The Rotor is a great hopper, too; very consistent and easy to maintain, with a super low profile. My point is that in the long run it's $120 more than a Revvy, which works just fine for almost any modern application.

sjrtk
01-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Very nice, I'll just have to suffer with an emag. But that is a sweet marker, and good job BE soldering is a PITA huh?

BigEvil
01-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Very nice, I'll just have to suffer with an emag. But that is a sweet marker, and good job BE soldering is a PITA huh?

Thanks. The soldering isnt, but the UTB's can be a PINTA. Plus, I as lucky that I ended up with enough room for everything to fit in there. Other than that I was very happy with how they turned out.

zondo
01-10-2011, 03:37 PM
*edit*
Not trying to rag on the people who use modern hoppers - I generally top my Mags with a Pinokio (essentially a Fasta) and most of my electros with a Halo. The Rotor is a great hopper, too; very consistent and easy to maintain, with a super low profile. My point is that in the long run it's $120 more than a Revvy, which works just fine for almost any modern application.

I will agree. I wouldn't buy a Rotor new, especially with Prophecies selling less than $100 new. I just got a great deal on a LNIB Rotor used when both were selling for $150+. I actually use it on my T2 as well :D (mainly because I don't have a speed feed for my Revvy). Although, I don't think I would buy the hard plastic Revvy shells if I could help it, and I don't like eyes in my loader (I have an Empire sound board).

ninja monkey
01-10-2011, 09:14 PM
that is pretty bad *** might i say....

TwilightG
01-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Get a better pic :p

your cellphone does it no justice

CatoRockwell
01-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Nice. You putting a foregrip on that?

going_home
01-10-2011, 11:28 PM

He's going to hold it the old school way, by the barrel.

;)

ProblemKinder
01-11-2011, 07:14 AM
An X-Boarded Revvy feeds consistently at 12bps, which is a little bit higher than most field and tourney firing speed limits these days... If you can find a place that allows 20+ BPS play and have the desire to put way too much paint down range, you'd need something faster and more consistent, but at almost any official paintball establishment/event you'll do fine with a revvy on top of any marker.

*edit*

hehe...I just finally retired my old Reloader B and upgraded to...*drum roll* a Reloader II. ha! I love them hoppers. honestly I would have got another reloader B if they still made 'em. :headbang:

zondo
01-11-2011, 09:24 AM

yep, I am planning on putting one of these on:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll108/VenomousDesigns/Venom01.gif

hill160881
01-11-2011, 09:42 AM
I am going to use that grip on my latest egomag. They look really nice :D . Has anyone herd a time line for when Mongoose plans to have them ready?

Ando
01-11-2011, 09:53 AM
If they're not being made already. For sure when he gets back from vacation.