PDA

View Full Version : Trouble installing LX in Classic valve, Mag keeps pissing air out the front

Dover
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Mag keeps pissing air out the front

I am using a Classic valve with ShockTech Charger on the back, Air system is a Nitro Duck X-Stream at 800 psi

I installed the LX according to simple Installation, with 2 shims, then i took both the shims out and am trying just 1 shim

Went to smaller Carriers and tried all the different springs as well but it still pisses

Spider-TW
01-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Did you try it with all of the shims out?

Dover
01-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Yes, i tried it with no shims, and i even left the white backing washer out accidentally...

I have been watching the basic Automag maintenance VHS video cassette with Tom Kaye as well to try and figure it out, apprently he says it has to do with the length of the spacer used if the spacer kit is used, but this is LX...

Spider-TW
01-11-2011, 01:55 PM
but this is LX...
Yes, it's a different setup.

There should be a level 10 video on there too.

So, you have the backing washer first, then the carrier with the black o-ring on the outside and the urethane o-ring on the inside, with the urethane washer facing down and facing the backing washer?

Does the power tube tip screw all the way down? (don't use a wrench)

Will the bolt stay on the power tube if you point it down, over your hand (and a table)?

athomas
01-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Remove all the shims. Follow the procedure mentioned by Spider-TW. Then, if it leaks, go to the largest carrier that does not leak. In your case, it may be a smaller carrier size. Make sure you are always using the same small white carrier oring when changing carriers. The carriers are actually adjusting the tension of that oring, which is why it is important to always use the same one.

If the mag has been used quite a bit, then perhaps the sear is worn. If this happens, then the bolt may be sitting far enough forward to allow the vent hole to be exposed. If this is the case, then you will need a new sear.