PDA

View Full Version : Dallara Detents?

OPBN
01-14-2011, 10:08 AM
I purchased a Dallara body recently, and finally got around to putting the marker together. What detents do these take? I have a bunch of ULE detents that I thought they took, but they definitely don't seem to fit.

going_home
01-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Should be the same as a ULE body.

;)

BigEvil
01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
I think there are a couple around that take cocker detents.

splat15k
01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Same thing happened to me with a karta body that I received a couple months ago. I didn't know they were autococker threaded so I drilled and tapped them for the angel/mag detents. I wish i knew beforehand...would have saved some time and effort and there are more options for cocker detents too!

OPBN
01-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Should be the same as a ULE body.

;)
I've tried both sides and several detents and they will not go in more than a couple of threads. Unfortunately, I won't have any cocker detents until I get the ones I ordered from VF-xx. Anyone have a bad one laying around that they would sport me to make sure they are cocker?

Loguzzzzzz
01-14-2011, 04:22 PM
AGD ULE bodies normally use Angel threaded detents but BigEvil is correct there are some Dallara bodies out there with AutoCocker detents.

Autococker detents are 3/8-24 NF go to the local hardware store and buy a bolt and see if it threads in.

Angel detents are most likely a metric thread.

You could just take the body with you to the hardware store and see if the bolt threads in, that way you don't even have to buy one. ;)

Either way, that should answer your question.

OPBN
01-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks again Loguzzzzz. Went to the hardware store and picked up a 3/8-24 bolt and it screws right in. Apparently, I have one of the cocker threaded bodies.