PDA

View Full Version : Airgun

wetwrks
01-15-2011, 03:36 AM
this looks very familiar:

http://air-ordnance.com/product_info.php?products_id=938&osCsid=d6f388b63c9b3e4092028fd5a508fea8

Frizzle Fry
01-15-2011, 03:44 AM
Awesome/Want.

*ps*

They REALLY want to know whether they include oil with it :rolleyes:

skife
01-15-2011, 12:42 PM
looks alot like a tippmann

going_home
01-15-2011, 09:05 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UbOCyMEFhyo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UbOCyMEFhyo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Why ?
Whats the purpose of it ?
Spend 10 minutes loading the clip and 15 seconds unloading it ?

:tard:

Frizzle Fry
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Spend 10 minutes loading the clip and 15 seconds unloading it into a target, some cheap dishware from a yard sale, some not-so-cheap dishware from your mother-in-laws house, an innocent squirrel, a not-so-innocent squirrel, a rabid critter, a poorly armed intruder, a slightly better armed intruder but not that much better, the windows of an abandoned building, the windows of an annoying neighbor, lots of soda bottles, lots of soda cans, lots of garden gnomes, that noisy electronic toy your kid got for Xmas, etc.

Yeah, I don't get it either :D

wetwrks
01-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Spend 10 minutes loading the clip and 15 seconds unloading it ?

Sounds like most paintballers...spend two hours getting ready to play, play for an hour, spend two hours chatting and cleaning up.

Smoothice
01-16-2011, 12:31 AM
i have a .22 caliber rws diana pellet rifle. The thing is a beast. Shoots 800 fps and has a kick like a real rifle.

Semi auto would be a nice feature :cool:

redlaser666
01-16-2011, 04:56 AM
It imust be of tippmann design! If you look at the video right before he starts shooting you can see the airline that activates the RT piston inside the gripframe.

correia3
01-16-2011, 07:26 AM
It imust be of tippmann design! If you look at the video right before he starts shooting you can see the airline that activates the RT piston inside the gripframe.

Sound like he introduces himself as "Brad Tippmann"

wimag
01-17-2011, 12:04 PM
considering this is what Tippmann use to build prior to paintball this is no surprise.

Frizzle Fry
01-17-2011, 12:31 PM
considering this is what Tippmann use to build prior to paintball this is no surprise.

Not really. They built machinegun replicas; 1/2 scale and 1/6 scale belt-fed guns chambered in .22lr that either came assembled or in the form of a kit. They were modeled after WWII-era mounted guns and were FFL-only items priced in the several-thousand range; functional collectors pieces and accurate (albeit miniaturized) replicas of real machineguns.

These belt-fed pellet guns are kind of a different story; clearly targeting a different crowd with a different product and a different purpose.

XM15
01-17-2011, 12:37 PM
I agree Wimag this is the roots of tippmann. They were a machine gun manufatcurer until 1986. Those miniture 22cal 1919 ,1917 and M2 Tippmann's are neat but same as this thing. Spend 10 min loading the belt and 5 seconds shooting it. That's the way all machine guns are though so those guys that are into MG's will love this thing especially with the price of ammo these days. You can still buy the miniture tippmann guns from a company callled Lakeside Machine. They purchased all the prints and parts from tippmann. They make them in legal semiauto and FA. They even sell a builders kit if you want to build it yourself for like $1500 which is half the cost of a complete one from them.

wimag
01-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Not really. They built machinegun replicas; 1/2 scale and 1/6 scale belt-fed guns chambered in .22lr that either came assembled or in the form of a kit. They were modeled after WWII-era mounted guns and were FFL-only items priced in the several-thousand range; functional collectors pieces and accurate (albeit miniaturized) replicas of real machineguns.

These belt-fed pellet guns are kind of a different story; clearly targeting a different crowd with a different product and a different purpose.

correct. I was too lazy to type out the long winded drawn out version. You saved me time.

Frizzle Fry
01-17-2011, 01:04 PM
They make them in legal semiauto and FA. They even sell a builders kit if you want to build it yourself for like $1500 which is half the cost of a complete one from them.

The completed guns are selling for more like $5000 these days. The kits aren't coming out much anymore; things have slowed down in recent years (from what I saw on their site a few months back) and they seem to be doing more to cycle machinegun replicas of various manufacture to new owners. I can't afford anything with a happy button, but I was pleasantly surprised by that beltfed/blowback receiver for M4 variants. I got a chance to shoot the semi version at the Knob Creek show a couple years back and it was exceptionally fun; I'd consider buying one but at the time it seemed like I'd be bringing $400 worth of trouble back to MA and then I'd need to find myself a lower receiver and lots of fiddly bits... I might just have to buy one of these instead.

XM15
01-18-2011, 10:42 PM
I used to love going to Knob Creek. Never used to miss a spring or fall shoot. The price of ammo, import spec changes and the economy has made it a shell of what it used to be. I miss the days of $150 cases of 308, stacks of AK 47 kits for $70, Bren MKI kits with 3 cut recivers and 2 barrels for $90 and FAL mags for $4 each. The best kits I made the most money off of were FN38 and FN39 aircraft gun kits. I was really into browning machine guns back then 200 of the FN38 and FN39 kits were imported. I picked those up for $200 each and sold them a few years ago for $1500 each. The super rare spade grip for them I found in a pile of parts for $50. I sold those for $500. Sadly those deals are long gone.

skife
01-27-2011, 11:27 AM
one of those would be great for urban small game hunting.