PDA

View Full Version : Classic RT needs help...

TTUBubkat
01-16-2011, 12:48 AM
I was all set to finish my class RT z grip project, but when I air up the marker it leaks out the rear of the marker. I went to check the most simple fix first and turn down the velocity. Turns out the velocity adjust (back of the valve) is stripped.... :mad: . Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ?

Ando
01-16-2011, 11:12 AM
I was all set to finish my class RT z grip project, but when I air up the marker it leaks out the rear of the marker. I went to check the most simple fix first and turn down the velocity. Turns out the velocity adjust (back of the valve) is stripped.... :mad: . Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ?
You might be able to retap the threads. but I have no clue what size it is. You'll probably have to talk to Tuna. He can either fix or worst case get you a new back.

sjrtk
01-16-2011, 01:22 PM
are the threads stripped or is the hex hole stripped in the adjuster?

TTUBubkat
01-16-2011, 01:44 PM
its the hex hole

sjrtk
01-16-2011, 02:17 PM
You will need an new velocity adjuster. You can use an easy out that you tap in to the hole unscrew it, or if there is enough sticking out grab it with a pair of pliers just be care full not to scratch the valve. Any better idea is beyond me right now.

Ando
01-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Get with Tuna. I'm sure he has extra adj knobs.

my automag
01-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey, you can always grind or hack-saw a flat head slot across the center, just not too deep.

Than you can use a a flat head screwdriver or even a coin, like TK :headbang: on the regular

power tube tip to adjust it.

Good luck.

D.K.