PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy emag battery neg. terminal

dahoeb
01-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy a negative terminal for the emag's battery connection? The head was snapped off during anodizing it appears, and right now I'm using just a screw and a washer to get by. If i use glue or adhesive to hold the screw in there, it ruins the connection (must be a rubber based adhesive, I'm assuming).

If someone could point me in the right direction to purchase a good long term replacement, it'd be greatly appreciated. thanks.

CaptainMorgan13
01-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy a negative terminal for the emag's battery connection? The head was snapped off during anodizing it appears, and right now I'm using just a screw and a washer to get by. If i use glue or adhesive to hold the screw in there, it ruins the connection (must be a rubber based adhesive, I'm assuming).

If someone could point me in the right direction to purchase a good long term replacement, it'd be greatly appreciated. thanks.

There is such thing as conductive opoxy?

OPBN
01-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Are you talking about the terminal that is mounted in the rail? If so, I just used a screw that snugged in when mine came back from anodizing too large to hold the stock one. Doesnt seem to cause any issues that I have noticed.

dahoeb
01-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Are you talking about the terminal that is mounted in the rail? If so, I just used a screw that snugged in when mine came back from anodizing too large to hold the stock one. Doesnt seem to cause any issues that I have noticed.

Yeup, thats the one im talking about. Ill probably end up taking the rail to the hardware store and test out which screws work the best. I was somewhat worried that it might conduct(?) slightly differently than the stock it came with and do longterm harm or sonething. But im obviously no electrician and dont have a clue how important it is that the negative terminal be perfect to specs. Im sure im just over thimking or over worrying.

OPBN
01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I literally pulled one from my "screw bucket" that was close and screwed it in. I used a sheetmetal screw that was short enough not to protrude from the other side. Sent it to Tuna like this and he didn't mention that it was unsafe or anything, so I assume it's alright.

Tunaman
01-18-2011, 01:36 PM
When the hole gets too big to hold the stock neg terminal, just run a 4-40 tap up in there and get a 4-40 screw and run it in. Make sure the head height is close to the positive one.

dahoeb
01-18-2011, 06:07 PM
thanks for the input guys.