PDA

View Full Version : NEW reverse "Xvalve" and standard "Xvalve" valves discussion

SSP REAPER
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Dave @ AGD and I recently got to talking about how people are always looking for "Xvalve" and reverse "Xvalve" valves. After much discussion we decided that maybe it is time to bring back a small limited number (9 or 10) which would reflect how ever many reverse x valve blanks they have on hand. My question is this and will be put to a 30 day poll...

If they were brand new and genuine AGD reverse "Xvalve" valves, would you buy one?
While considering this, what if there were also a small run of say 20 standard "Xvalve" valves.

Interested? Let's find out so I can report back to Dave :D

To keep from confusion, I am speaking about the lasering on the side of the valve. Older X valves were lasered with the full Xvalve spelled out instead of the newer style X.

MAGpie
01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Dave @ AGD and I recently got to talking about how people are always looking for "Xvalve" and reverse "Xvalve" valves. After much discussion we decided that maybe it is time to bring back a small limited number (9 or 10) which would reflect how ever many reverse x valve blanks they have on hand. My question is this and will be put to a 30 day poll...

If they were brand new and genuine AGD reverse "Xvalve" valves, would you buy one?
While considering this, what if there were also a small run of say 20 standard "Xvalve" valves.

Interested? Let's find out so I can report back to Dave :D

To keep from confusion, I am speaking about the lasering on the side of the valve. Older X valves were lasered with the full Xvalve spelled out instead of the newer style X.

Yes and yes... and it would be even cooler, if they could do some nice colours as well?

Frizzle Fry
01-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Sterling, you know that I LOVE reverse valves, but I'd rather see the work (time/money) that would go into a new run be spent on anodizing (Red, Blue, Silver - minimum). As much as I like reverse valves, they are out there and if I had to pick one I'd go for colors. That said... Both? Please? We'd buy them!

tbaggin
01-19-2011, 01:49 PM
yes, and agreed with colors

koleah
01-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Whats the price point going to be? Will it be $300 for a new Xvalve (standard or reverse)? Because prices on the used ones have been holding pretty steady at 200, although dropping recently a little bit.

I find it hard to believe that people would drop the extra 100-120 for the fact that its "new" and has an AGD warranty.

DeuceSV
01-19-2011, 02:20 PM
I'd buy a reverse for sure, but I'd love to have a color option. When you make the list, put my name on it. Thanks.

IrishRedneck86
01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
yeah I would def love at least one of each but again I'm with most on here the biggest thing that would get me to shell out cash faster would be a color option :D

Frizzle Fry
01-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Whats the price point going to be? Will it be $300 for a new Xvalve (standard or reverse)? Because prices on the used ones have been holding pretty steady at 200, although dropping recently a little bit.

I find it hard to believe that people would drop the extra 100-120 for the fact that its "new" and has an AGD warranty.

With new X-valves at MSRP $250, used ones have been hovering between $175 and $200. Used "reverse" valves have been selling regularly for $250 (which both Sterling and I can attest to) and colors have been $275-$325... These prices reflect rarity and demand, not original MSRPs.

I'd hope that AGD would start doing valves in all the colors of the ULE bodies again, or at least the popular ones, and that they wouldn't bump the price up beyond $300 (the old standard X-Valve price). The fact that the used ones are worth as much as they are now is a testament only to the fact that relatively few were made; asking that much for a full production model wouldn't be right.

SockMonkey
01-19-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd definitely be interested in a new reverse valve, blue?

SSP REAPER
01-19-2011, 03:07 PM
I will let this thread gather interest for a week or two and then talk to Dave again. Maybe I can convince him to do a color run on both option. Keep the opinions coming, I love to see all of the fancy we share for AGD products :D

OPBN
01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
I would have more interest in colored valves. I could care less whether is said "X", "X Valve" or "flying Monkeys". I truly don't see the obsession with what's marked on the side except for people wanting to collect one of each. If that's the case, seems more fair to leave what's out there out there or you diminish the rareness. I have seen people beating each other over the head trying to snatch up beat up "Emax" valves, I just don't get it. Several colored valves have some up recently, but are pretty scratched up. Less and less nice minty ones out there.. at least that are coming up for sale.

I also don't care which side the input is on.

Feeling grumpy today, sorry if I am coming off as negative. Must be the weather.

SockMonkey
01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
yeah, I dont really care what it says either. But "Flying Monkeys" sounds like a cool idea!!!!

Maybe "SockMonkey" :D

going_home
01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Were reverse Xvalves made in any other color than the satin black ?
I've nevet seen one.
I'd like a dust black reverse X.

;)

MAGpie
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Want blue! Want blue!
Hear the magpie he sing.

Ratt
01-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I would like a reverse X Valve, but I, too, would be more interested in a new colored valve. ESPECIALLY if I could get one in blue, and even more so if I could get one in 'Venomous Red'.

some hippie
01-19-2011, 08:54 PM
colored, reverse :D

SSP REAPER
01-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Seems like everyone wants color. I will pass this info along and see if it is possible to do a run of colors.

BenoitOWN
01-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Would like purple and one matching ptp gun metal grey :P

OPBN
01-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Would like colors and true gloss black and dust black options.

On that note, I would like to see full color options on Mags. I would buy a brand new one form AGD if I could order it totally color matched and minty in box. I'm thinking purple, orange, maybe a nice green...... all in ice colors.

ninja monkey
01-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Would like purple and one matching ptp gun metal grey :P

OOOOoooooo x2 on gun metal grey. yeah, i think there should be colors. And what does this warranty info? its not really to super hard to tune an xvlave, so whats the warranty for? To send it back for you to tune and send back? not trying to sound like an ***, just curious. And yeah, the reverse doesnt matter to me, i am a right handed player so i look down the left side... so either way, doesnt matter. The colors option is a GREAT idea and also maybe a matte option for them.I am not a big fan of shiny things

SSP REAPER
01-22-2011, 02:06 PM
There will not be an option for the gun metal grey PTP uses.

maniacmechanic
01-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I would love to see AGD building more parts again , that said , there is a reason Reverse & Colored valves are more expensive , because they are harder to find , especially in excellent condition , that said , if a run of valves are done I hope the pricing reflects the market value of of said valves in excellent condition , I would really hate to see the price of my hoarded parts ( that I paid premium prices for ) go down the toilet

As far as X , Xvalves , RT Xvalves , E Max valves & Reverse X valves , & colored valves I like things just the way they are , when your building a marker you have to search for the " special " parts you want . How do ya think the few guys with purple valves would feel if 5 more new ones popped up ?

going_home
01-22-2011, 02:44 PM
How do ya think the few guys with purple valves would feel if 5 more new ones popped up ?

They'd be mad because you'd buy em all.

I dont care about colors although a raw reverse would be intriguing .
Just reverse.

I dont think AGD charged any more for a new reverse than a standard X.
I guess they didnt see much of a demand.

Thats the way it is...if there is a real demand, the supply will appear.

;)