PDA

View Full Version : Which Parts kit for Retro Valve

frgood
02-11-2002, 07:07 PM
It's time for spring cleaning here. After searching the forums (perhaps not enough). I cannot find an answer to which parts kit to purchase the Mag parts kit or the retro parts kit.
I have a minimag which I added the retro valve.

I'm assuming that I need the Mag O-ring replacement kit.
Although I thought the bumper for the retro valve was the clear one not the blue one I see in the pictures.

Also, Since the valve is working fine I see no need to replace (or open up for that matter) any parts in the valve. Is this a good approach?

I'm thinking along the lines of replacing the bumper, and replacing the o-rings on my barrel. (perhaps the new plastic nubbins).

Just a couple of drops of oil in the air inlet and off to play. Any suggestions? Am I on the right track?

SoupRman
02-11-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by frgood
It's time for spring cleaning here. After searching the forums (perhaps not enough). I cannot find an answer to which parts kit to purchase the Mag parts kit or the retro parts kit.
I have a minimag which I added the retro valve.

I'm assuming that I need the Mag O-ring replacement kit.
Although I thought the bumper for the retro valve was the clear one not the blue one I see in the pictures.

Also, Since the valve is working fine I see no need to replace (or open up for that matter) any parts in the valve. Is this a good approach?

I'm thinking along the lines of replacing the bumper, and replacing the o-rings on my barrel. (perhaps the new plastic nubbins).

Just a couple of drops of oil in the air inlet and off to play. Any suggestions? Am I on the right track?

yes, but it's always a good idea to keep spares. if you wanted all parts get the RT parts kit. also, you can order the parts seperately, plastic nubbins, o-ring for the rt valve, but make sure there o-rings for the rt. goto http://store.airgun.com to buy/look at the parts.

Shaft
02-11-2002, 07:40 PM
Get an RT parts kit.

frgood
02-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Thanks I'll pick one up and next weekend my minimag will be in better shape than I. Especially after months of watching footbal and eating chili. I can already feel the pain of running the first game.